Why,why,why would they do this. NF

misfish

My mom's Dodge is the same (Intrepid I think). Ridiculous. Two things I look for in a vehicle when purchasing, can I change the head lights and the battery without ripping apart the the front end of the car. Guaranteed these things will go on the coldest winter day. At least they have in the past. lol!

Ya, it's a lot easier if the car has never been driven in Ontario salted roads. Lots of rusty nuts and bolts.
And if you are a car mechanic like me, try doing this in the middle of winter with a 6" coating of ice and snow in there.
And then the customer is peeved with the labour time involved.
Ugghh.

Edited by Bernie

Ya, it's a lot easier if the car has never been driven in Ontario salted roads. Lots of rusty nuts and bolts.

And if you are a car mechanic like me, try doing this in the middle of winter with a 6" coating of ice and snow in there.

And then the customer is peeved with the labour time involved.

Ugghh.

Bernie

I,ll just wait for the winter drive up to the cottage front door.LMAO

The car is from NS. No salted roads. It was totally soaked with Crown rust proofing right after I bought it. It looks real clean from what I can see. I can see the top of the battery. Theres another video that shows it not so intense to remove. Still have to remove the wheel well and loosen off the bumper.

The battery is so small. I can see why I had some hard starts this COLD winter.

Yes it,s a bit messy Bernie,but it sure helps with the resale.

The only reason I was looking for the battery,is do to the light was coming on. It comes and goes ever since I had it under coated. I turn all the lights on,signals and brake,and the volts never drop. Any reason for this Bernie?

I have bumper to bumper warranty. Maybe it,s just a sensor? I have the same thing with the brake light. When I pull up a tad on the parking brake,,it goes out,then comes back then it,s gone..

Drifter said it,

its a chrysler! I only buy foreign cars...i know i know not good for supporting the economy, but honestly, I drive a Toyota/Honda and for work I drive Ford/Chrysler/Dodge/Chevy...I notice such a difference, foreign cars are designed more to function easily for the driver, they put more thought and quality in the layout of the dash, buttons etc.... I dont mind paying extra for the brand

Guy at work bought a Kia wagon. Not sure what model. Apparently to change one set of plugs - you have to lift the motor? Tune ups suck up any savings there.. :wallbash: As for that arrangement you got there Brian - just plain dumb. Design dept didn't talk with the maintenance dept,

Edited by spincast

Guy at work bought a Kia wagon. Not sure what model. Apparently to change one set of plugs - you have to lift the motor? Tune ups suck up any savings there.. :wallbash: As for that arrangement you got there Brian - just plain dumb. Design dept didn't talk with the maintenance dept,

There were some 80's or 90's Chevy FWD V-6 vehicles with the same issue.

Brian.
The light can come on for either overcharging or undercharging.
It will set a service code in the computer. Read the voltage on the system with an accurate meter when the light is on and let me know what it is.

For the red brake lamp, check the level in the brake master cylinder. It may be a little bit low.
In the reservoir there is a float switch that will activate when level is low. I'd almost bet that is what it is.

Use proper brake fluid only.

There are many makes and models out there that are difficult to access spark plugs.
Fortunately, most only require to be changed very infrequently.

It's not a dumb idea. It's to prevent shade tree mechanics from operating on their vehicles. Because pricing is so cut throat the dealers need to be able to make money fixing your car. Do you really see any improvements on your car from the computers that run it? No! now you have to get a diagnosis at a dealership or buy the software that will read the codes.