Navionics+ and Sonar Recordings

Consigliere

Has anyone used capability of the Navionics+ system to update via personal sonar recordings yet? I've had the Navionics+ system since the first day it came out in Canada and uploaded a number of recordings last year but the capability to update with the recorded data wasn't available yet in Canada. It is apparently active for this year and I uploaded some recordings last night but was wondering if anyone else was using this.

If so, have you noticed improvements in your data? The area I recorded on already has 1ft contours but some spots were not very accurate. Wondering if anyone has seen improvements by doing their own recordings. Suppose there is really no downside of recording and uploading all the time as long as you have unlimited data transfer on your internet connection but it does take some time and effort which might not be worth it if there is no benefit.

Edited by Consigliere

I'm looking at the Lakemaster Autochart vs Navionics+.. I'm not a huge fan of uploading data for everyone else to use, especially on lakes that don't get much pressure. With Autocharts that data is mine alone, no uploading, etc. Convert it all on my PC and even overlay Google Maps data which is really nice.

That was the case up until a few months ago but the auto-update in Canada is standard now.

Not concerned about giving up data since we are fishing the Larry/Big O....the data is out there at 1ft detail but some adjustments here or there may be interesting to improve accuracy.

The Lakemaster sounds interesting.