Mosquitoes!!

Weeds

Holy Smokes! I've got to know if this is just a local thing or province wide but man, I don't think I've ever seen so many. My backyard is plagued by them. I mean droves of them, front yard too. To the point I don't even like to leave the dog out. Can't be just my part of Peterborough either, as I was in Ennismore this evening and there were loads there too.

The first mossies are just showing themselves here now.

The early ones (big and slow) showed up a week or so ago.

The small speedy ones are not far behind, followed by hoards of black flies and huge aggressive Caribou (AKA Horse) flies.

But at least it's not -40!!!! :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

try moving dirt....

I have to move 2 cords of wood today, take down an old portable garage, erect a new 12 X 20' portable garage, then move the 2 cords of wood back into their new home.

I imagine I'll be one very LARGE mosquito bite by the time that's all done LOL

I was in the hammock last night playing mindless games on the tablet and had 1 mosquito land on me and a few moths and thought what is with all the bugs tonight. I will no longer complain about the Southern bug count again. I usually reserve my Canada fishing trips for August when the bug count is lower but even then it drives me crazy when it gets dark.

Art

I have to move 2 cords of wood today, take down an old portable garage, erect a new 12 X 20' portable garage, then move the 2 cords of wood back into their new home.

I imagine I'll be one very LARGE mosquito bite by the time that's all done LOL

Time to fill your tub with calamine haha.

My wife made some 'homemade' bugspray. Works great for like 10 minutes. She's got another, more potent recipe on the go right now...it's made by fermenting Apple Cider Vinegar and herbs! I'm gonna staaaaank!

Time to fill your tub with calamine haha.

I've been working out back for the last hour and surprisingly, there's very few skeeters around...yet. I was roto-tilling the garden yesterday and was nearly eaten alive so I'm expecting the onslaught to begin very soon LOL

I use an OFF product that comes out as a dry powder and it works really well and doesn't leave everything covered it slime like so many of them.

Mosquitos are terrible out but my place by rice lake. I pull in the driveway and haven't even got outta the truck yet and I can see them start to swarm around me, as if they are waiting for the buffet to open. black flies are gone, however the blackflies only seem to annoy me, I never really get bit by them.

Thermocells? I've got one, I'm still on the fence about it to be honest...

Yup those or the Glade ones, looking for something for the wife who is 7mths along and doesn't want to slather herself in DEET

I guess some effectiveness is better then nothing at all...