fish finder navionics help

Lunatic

i have a humminbird 587 ci hd and purchased a navionics plus card for it. i followed the navi instructions on how to download maps ect. so i chose a lake,downloaded it onto the chip,everything appears to have been done correctly. i pop the card into the FF,next morning i hit the lake and turn on the FF and the first thing that comes up is "no new data" and i couldnt locate anything about maps on the FF.

the GPS wasnt showing hardly any detail but when i had downloaded the lake it had lots of detail. i cant find info on either navi or hunninbirds websites or manuals about this. anyone here have any idea? i'm very new to fish finders. thanks.

when i was setting up my account on navionics website i remember it asked select brand,i did (humminbird) select series (500)

so id assume it should work.im trying to google if anyone has my model with the plus card,no luck yet. i might have to call the store to see what they say about it. im fairly sure ive done everything correctly.

i found the compatibility page on the navionics page,it has my model on there listed as 587 ci hd

mine is 587 ci hd with down imagining but i dont think that should really matter.i'll pop the chip back into the computer tonight and try again. i thought id update just incase someone here has had the same issues and can help.

Nope, it won't matter about the small details (downimaging, etc)... Well that's good news. Do you have the Advanced mode selected in settings? This will give you a few more menu items on the chart section.

Here's your manual in PDF form

http://www.humminbird.com/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=3021

Page 131 tells you how to set the finder to Advanced mode

Page 28 tells you how to add maps to the fish finder.

You probably have to manually chose the chip from the menu...I had to do this with my 997C SI

It's the Fish'N Chip layer/map that gives you the right contour detail. Mess around in the menu (Advanced Mode is likely needed) and find the Chip Option or something like that.

You probably have to manually chose the chip from the menu...I had to do this with my 997C SI

It's the Fish'N Chip layer/map that gives you the right contour detail. Mess around in the menu (Advanced Mode is likely needed) and find the Chip Option or something like that.

Geez kinda looking like I may have to go back to school to run one of those units. :dunno: .

Hmmmm.....more bird issues eh?

I don't see any lowrance threads like this happening......just sayin!

S.

They are too busy trying to setup their Lowrance units for the ice next year to make threads :)

This may sound a little foolish however, not saying you've done this, I have the same unit, just bought it, and put the card in. It felt like the card seated properly in the slot but it was not. I experienced the same issue. All it was is that the card needed to be pushed in further. Check that it is inserted correctly. Truly clicks in and is almost flush with the unit when in place. Then in the menu options it says it is reading from the card.

I talked to navionics yesterday.after going thru my unit they say the unit needs to be updated to a 6.0 version (mine is at 5.8020). so today i have to buy a new sd card and upload the update on it from humminbirds website then try again. should know at some point today.

only had a few min to get out to the garage but it seems that was the problem. i went onto humminbirds website,downloaded an update onto an SD card,put it into the unit,it took the info in a matter of 5 seconds.I put the navionics card in and i dont get the "no new data" message anymore. i havent had time to really go thru the unit but everything seems on the up n up. so to anyone with a FF,you should check the website for updates,they add options and fix bugs.