Cottage House Warming Gift!

dobee

They all sound great. This is the place to ask when you need some answers. Something historical for the area is always cool. A good map of the area/lake on the wall is always nice for visitors.

Hard to pass up on the French maid though.

This is what I did for my buddy and his wife for their cottage. Step 1-,got a large old circular saw blade(30in),Step 2- got a buddy to clean it up,Step 3- I took lots of pics of the cottage from the water,step 4 - had an artist friend paint on the saw blade a picture of the cottage.Everybody LOVED it...Ok it did take about a year to put this all together but it worked out great.

vance

Tried the French maid idea once, wife told me that by the time the divorce was over I wouldn't even have the cottage never mind the French maid. I think I'd scrap that idea if I were you.

The map is a really good idea, I have seen many of them in friends cottages, you never get tired of looking at them!

I nice sign would also work, many others have nice signs but their's would be unique!

Good on you for taking the time to try to find the "perfect" gift, says a lot about your character!