Quinte Opening Weekend for Walleye

Jen

This past weekend we headed off to the Walleye World Live Release Fishing Derby. As usual we would be staying at Pickeral Park with Eastman and his dad. This would be Santo's Fifth Annual Fishing Challenge! Five years ago my brother past away, to those that might not know or been on the board long enough to remember "Sonny" he had a five year old son and three year old daughter at the time. Domenic is ten now and this year we brought him along.

The weather was not going to be good, and it looked like the fish might still be in close to shore with the ice going out later than usual, but we were going to give it our best shot. My Dad, middle son Christian, Domenic and myself arrived late Friday night, up early Saturday Morning and off we went in search of walleye. The boat was filled with stories and tales of years past. How Sonny had snagged carp by the tail and chased them around, always saying he'd caught the big fish. It was truly a weekend to remember, with more memories made and laughs had by all.

Thanks always to Eastman and his dad for having us.

Domenic Amalfi's Big fish!

Domenics Walleye.jpg

Domenics Walleye Weight.jpg