Mountsburg

JerMac

I enjoy fishing mounts berg I hope it can remain decent in spite if this and the winter kill.

How were the fish trapped below the dam? Would they not just go down the creek to the lower reservoir?

Could they not have relocated the pike from the creek back into the upper reservoir?

Hopefully the fish survive and thrive in Cootes.

I was there on Easter. I removed an anchor from the spoon and cast for 3 hrs. I had only one hit. There was a huge winter kill in the bough lakes. The small Bird Lake was full of dead fish (mostly bass like) and smelled like sewage.
Last Saturday I visited Puslinch Lake; I saw dead fish along the shore line. If the same happened with Little Lake in Orangeville we got a huge pike and bass loss in the closest to Toronto the most productive lakes/ponds.

Edited by spyder3g

I was there on Easter. I removed an anchor from the spoon and cast for 3 hrs. I had only one hit. There was a huge winter kill in the bough lakes. The small Bird Lake was full of dead fish (mostly bass like) and smelled like sewage.

Last Saturday I visited Puslinch Lake; I saw dead fish along the shore line. If the same happened with Little Lake in Orangeville we got a huge pike and bass loss in the closest to Toronto the most productive lakes/ponds.

Sorry, are you saying you were fishing for pike in mountsberg?

You have to read carefully. As I said I used blanks and MNR was beside me and approved that way of fishing

I consider myself fairly literate and I have no idea what you meant in both statements.

How were the fish trapped below the dam? Would they not just go down the creek to the lower reservoir?

Could they not have relocated the pike from the creek back into the upper reservoir?

Hopefully the fish survive and thrive in Cootes.

Those are both excellent questions. What's the lower reservoir though? That creek eventually just flows into Bronte.

I don't get what 'trapped below the dam' means. Were they in the stream below the dam??? So how were they 'pushed out by the ice?'

I'll guess that most of the reservoir froze solid, with all the fish stacking up in the only tiny section of deeper water right at the dam. Some were bound to slip over the dam with the fish being so concentrated there.

Edited by Mike Borger

I consider myself fairly literate and I have no idea what you meant in both statements.

If you detach the hook(s) from the lure you perform blank fishing. Means no damage to fish at all, but if you use very thin braded fishing line you will feel when the fish attacking your lure.

Those are both excellent questions. What's the lower reservoir though? That creek eventually just flows into Bronte.

I have always thought of mountsberg as being 2 reservoirs divided by the railroad track. I've only fished north of the tracks. I assumed that the creek flowed back into the resevoir on the south side of the tracks. After having looked at a map I can see that it is 1 reservoir and that the creek flows away from it.

If you detach the hook(s) from the lure you perform blank fishing. Means no damage to fish at all, but if you use very thin braded fishing line you will feel when the fish attacking your lure.

thats just a tease......for both you and the fish.

....why would anyone ever want to do this?

I've heard of people doing it before opener to generally locate where the fish are active before you can actually fish.

Doing it several weeks before sounds more like the guy was just desperate to feel a tug on his line! Lol