First resident of the year.

BillM

Oh come on now Bill. Theres spots for them. You just got to hike a bit to find them.LOL

I,ll give them ago this spring,when the water drops abit.

I've hiked that river from Little down to Nursery road :) It's tight, a tough place for 4in streamers, let alone back casts!

Ok then it was just marabou, strange, looks full of craft fur in the pic. The prices are high but you have to consider what goes into these flies, it's around $0.10 for the eyes, a good $1 for the hooks, probably about $2 worth of materials too and those are wholesale prices. That would mean $2.90 per fly, if he can do one in 15 minutes that's $11 an hour, and he only makes that if they tie them themselves, if they buy from a local tyer they have to split that. Trust me $6 isn't too bad.

Are you sure they were tied overseas? Many people assume that but quite a few shops tie their own or buy local, blue ribbon flies, reel flies, me, are a few that come to mind ;) If they're tied overseas then they are a little expensive but they aren't way out there. BTW, if anyone wants these flies, I'll sell them to ya for $5.50, cheaper than Kelly's site and no shipping charge ;)

Edited by Christopher k