Fish ladder help

taper

Good morning everyone. I havent been around in a while but my dad asked me a question today that I do not have an answer for but was sure somene here could help. He would like to take a weekend drive to go see a fish ladder or an area that you can watch a large quantity of fish move up stream( not necessarily a ladder). We live in the London area but are willing to drive a bit to see the sights. My mom and dad are both in their mid sixtys so nothing that you need to be a mountain goat to get to please. Hopefully we have not missed the spawn run, but all info is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

best place closest to London would be at Port Albert on the nine mile. About 90 minutes north of London on highway 21. I have not been there in years ,I use to be a member of the nine mile steelheaders and help with the lifts , usually there will be several fish attempting to use the ladder and resting below. You also might get lucky and be there when they do a lift.

Another option which is actually closer is the dam in Delhi. They don't get the numbers of fish the nine mile does but a nice dam with a ladder,which should also be hosting some fish about now.

IF you go to the nine mile as suggested you can keep on travelling up 21 to Saugeen...still fish comming in and the dropbacks are just getting abundant so there is lots to see....no mountain gear required ...just a short stroll to the waters edge