Fishing regs books heads up

manitoubass2

I've heard this and IMO it stinks

A regs book is something I always have on board for varying reasons

It's the exceptions that come in handy in a pinch on the water---can't just say--I'll go home and go online

Now was it 18.7 or 15.6 till june 15th etc etc

I've heard this and IMO it stinks

A regs book is something I always have on board for varying reasons

It's the exceptions that come in handy in a pinch on the water---can't just say--I'll go home and go online

Now was it 18.7 or 15.6 till june 15th etc etc

i totally agree. Now I should say i do not know for certain this is the case. Maybe I'll call MNR to confirm

It's been in discussion for a few years. Trimming off valuable public assets to balance out a few overpaid bureaucrats' and politician's expense accts. The problems with internet apps are several when away from home.

What if you do not own a cell phone or Ipad?

Connection problems?

Server down?

No cell service in the more remote areas.

At least when I have a copy in my vehicle, the information is always accessible

It's been in discussion for a few years. Trimming off valuable public assets to balance out a few overpaid bureaucrats' and politician's expense accts. The problems with internet apps are several when away from home.

What if you do not own a cell phone or Ipad?

Connection problems?

Server down?

No cell service in the more remote areas.

At least when I have a copy in my vehicle, the information is always accessible

totally agree

You should know the regs well before you're on the water...... Just sayin'

Yes I know what you are saying Bill, I always research regs prior to going out but , sometimes you could be in a situation where you have a unplanned opportunity to fish and need regs readily available ... i always keep a current copy in my truck

what the hell !!!! ... that comment is totaly not needed

I thought it was funny. I don't think it was intended as it was taken ;).

Maybe Fidel and I can scrounge up some French ones, while we're at it.

"De pêche, you cannot do dat ici, là. Ok?" (I do an outstanding Jean Chrétien btw - it helps when half your family already speaks the same way!)

:D:D:D

p.-

how many guys take 5 copies and lose or trash them?

I'd be ok if they charged a few bucks for the regs, build the cost into the licence, get one reg book every year and keep care of it

wonder how much they charge for the advertising in them, doesn't sound like sponsors are getting their money worth, if MNR isn't printing too many of them

You should know the regs well before you're on the water...... Just sayin'

That only works for planned trips. Unless you expect people to have the regs memorized line for line. Many times I've been on the road, for work, or visiting, and had spare time to drop a line in a new body of water Hard copy map and regs on hand removes all doubts.

That only works for planned trips. Unless you expect people to have the regs memorized line for line. Many times I've been on the road, for work, or visiting, and had spare time to drop a line in a new body of water Hard copy map and regs on hand removes all doubts.

If you want a copy that badly, download the PDF, print it out and put it in your truck. In a perfect world there would be unlimited copies, but access to the regs are readily available.

Edited by BillM

If you want a copy that badly, download the PDF, print it out and put it in your truck. In a perfect world there would be unlimited copies, but access to the regs are readily available.

Ya Bill , i think the frustration is the constant cutbacks to the MNR budget is what really irks us ... i know there are more efficient uses of technology now to deliver services , so as with any change it will just take time

Little tip for anyone with an iPhone...

I take screen shots of the regs on the MNR web site by lining up what you want to save... Then press both the power/screen buttons... Viola... Regs saved to your phone...

Then you have em on the water and you don't bed cell signal...

Or you can even make prints to have paper copies...

Little tip for anyone with an iPhone...

I take screen shots of the regs on the MNR web site by lining up what you want to save... Then press both the power/screen buttons... Viola... Regs saved to your phone...

Then you have em on the water and you don't bed cell signal...

Or you can even make prints to have paper copies...

You can also load the entire PDF in your iBooks (which you can download free from the iStore). That way, once downloaded, you don't need any kind of connection to read them. That's how they become your iRegs. :D

You might need a magnifying glass :P, but you won't need any kind of connection.

p.-

I can see violators using the scarcity of printed regulations being used in court as a defense, especially in the north, where cell service is unavailable. If the government is unable to publish its laws.... How can it enforce them? Lawyers will have a field day with this.

I can see violators using the scarcity of printed regulations being used in court as a defense, especially in the north, where cell service is unavailable. If the government is unable to publish its laws.... How can it enforce them? Lawyers will have a field day with this.

if they are so bent on using technology and eliminating the book regs, then perhaps when someone gets a fishing license the MNR sends them a copy of the regs in some kind of format ... that might eliminate the " I can't find a copy" defense

and if you are a senior and the use of technology is not easy for you .. you are out of luck

we waste almost a billion on a gas plant but the govt nickels and dimes over this kind of stuff ... assuming that what the OP said is true

Are those the same people doing 80km/h in 50km/h zone because they didn't see a speed limit sign? Zero excuse for not knowing the regs in the zone you are fishing.

Are those the same people doing 80km/h in 50km/h zone because they didn't see a speed limit sign? Zero excuse for not knowing the regs in the zone you are fishing.

Big difference here. The example you gave is inadequate, the government in your example has published the law, being 50km/h available for all to see.

In terms of the regs, not everyone will have a copy, not everyone has high speed internet, especially in rural areas to download a copy.

Your are not even close to comparing the same things.

Big difference here. The example you gave is inadequate, the government in your example has published the law, being 50km/h available for all to see.

In terms of the regs, not everyone will have a copy, not everyone has high speed internet, especially in rural areas to download a copy.

Your are not even close to comparing the same things.

So those people in rural areas don't have phones either? Can't call up the MNR and ask about the regs? Anymore excuses you'd like to share with us for not knowing the regulations in a FMZ you're fishing?

If someone wants to figure out the regs they will, if not they won't. You're crazy to think a judge will toss a case out of court when the guy who was 13 walleye over his limit stands up and says 'Well the Canadian Tire didn't have a copy of the regs and my dial up internet was too slow to download the PDF'

If anything, the regulations are even more available today then they were 15 years ago.

Edited by BillM

you can also download the pdf to your phone and view it whenever. not sure about iphone, but doable on android phones

So Boss how do you do it ,i have down loaded the file but then I can't save it or if it does where is it. :wallbash::wallbash:

vance