401 westbound in Oshawa... accident

Locnar

10 minutes ago, whilst driving home from work on the 401... I noticed what appeared to be road kill on the west bound, right near Harmony Rd... as I passed by, I saw what it really was... mangled bloody dead guy. Blood smears, no cops... so I just missed it. As I pulled off the highway in Courtice, I saw the police drive by with their lights on and knew exactly where they were heading.

I didn't seem like there was an accident or anything... I saw one car pulled over, probably calling the cops... no smashed vehicles, no motorcycle... unless it was off in the bushes or something... Begs the question, why was there a guy in the middle lane of the 401? But then again, I was driving east... so there could have been something I couldn't see.

When I came past it about 7 there were two transport trucks stopped, one about 200 yards West and in the center lane and one about 25 yards East of the body, (which by then had been covered), a small black car almost at where the body was. Saddly someone isn't going to be spending Easter weekend with their family.

Well big cliff, probably for the best that the body was covered... it was a bloody, twisted mess. The only car that I saw stopped was a red car. I heard that he was trying to cross the 401 and got smoked by a vehicle... I cannot attest to the accuracy of that rumour, but from the shape the body was in, I do not doubt

It might have been a red car, it was small and on the North side of the road, I didn't have time to really check it out. I suspect from the trucks that were stopped and their position it might have been the one I saw in the middle lane. No matter, still very sad!

Codi Wilson, CP24.com
Published Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:35AM EDT
Last Updated Sunday, April 20, 2014 8:36AM EDT

Police in Oshawa are asking for the public's assistance identifying a man who was killed after being struck by two vehicles on Highway 401.

On Friday at about 5:41 p.m., a man was seen on the right shoulder of the 401 westbound near Ritson Road in Oshawa when he was struck by two westbound vehicles.

The man was pronounced dead at the scene and police have been unable to identify him.

Anyone with information on the victim is asked to contact Det. Const. D. Robinson at 416-453-9804.The man is described as white, in his late 40s or early 50s with salt and pepper hair. He was wearing blue jeans, a black sweater with a brown fishing-style vest and brown shoes. He has no visible tattoos, police say, and witnesses said he appeared to walk with a limp.

Read more: http://www.cp24.com/news/police-ask-for-help-identifying-man-killed-on-401-in-oshawa-1.1783536#ixzz2zQv5mXXW

http://www.cp24.com/news/police-ask-for-help-identifying-man-killed-on-401-in-oshawa-1.1783536#ixzz2zQhDZi3b