Open Water Watch

jedimaster

Yes... that's Temagami Marine's boat launch in Inlet Bay.. Generally the first area for the ice to let go with Lowell Lake pouring into it and were Darren from Lakeland Airways first stages his Beaver at his Mother's dock waiting for Portage Bay to open up. And speaking of the Portage Bay.. which is just North of Inlet Bay with the PPark separating them. My neighbour rode his sled over and checked how my docks survived the winter yesterday!

Edited by irishfield

Yes... that's Temagami Marine's boat launch in Inlet Bay.. Generally the first area for the ice to let go with Lowell Lake pouring into it and were Darren from Lakeland Airways first stages his Beaver at his Mother's dock waiting for Portage Bay to open up. And speaking of the Portage Bay.. which is just North of Inlet Bay with the PPark separating them. My neighbour rode his sled over and checked how my docks survived the winter yesterday!

Hey thanks for the updates. Still got my fingers crossed it will be out by the long weekend.

Edited by Parnelly

-C temps at night aren't helping!

Indeed.

From what I have seen documented over at Ottertooth, this year might make the record for the latest ice out since 1986. Of course thats other than the 2 years they dont have documented.

As of 3 pm this afternoon, Portage Bay is almost ice free from Town out to the O'Connor Island flasher. My neighbour checked my docks for damage this afternoon.. this time in a boat. NE Arm is still locked up... but should go in a few days.

Edited by irishfield