Open Water Watch

jedimaster

Got out with the kids this eve in a small tiny. Looked for some crappie. We found none, but we all had a good time, just getting out seeing the ducks, and the kids ate some of the ice that is 100 ft off-shore. Good times.

We might try again tomorrow but with worms this time.

Entropy

Maybe a good time to start a thread... if you have open water post it here...

I heard Bay of Quinte is open West of Bellville.

Yup I can confirm that, Presqu'ile Bay (Brighton) has open water all the way across the bay

Edited by DynamicBear

Pigeon is still mostly ice covered except Nogies Bay is about half open and the creek is flowing a ton...only drove as far as the dump so only saw the north shore...hell, I still got snow in my backyard and along the north side of our house...

Edited by Beans

Pigeon is still mostly ice covered except Nogies Bay is about half open and the creek is flowing a ton...only drove as far as the dump so only saw the north shore...hell, I still got snow in my backyard and along the north side of our house...

Happy to hear it Beansie. That means the crappie should be prime when we come up the first of May :clapping:

Channel is open in front of our place on Sturgeon Lake but there is still plenty of ice both sides of the channel. I am hoping I might be able to get the boat in next weekend but unless there is a serious melt I still won't be able to go anywhere except up river.

My neighbor down the road stores his 20' boat in his boat house for the winter but hoists it up on slings to keep it out of the ice. Now the water is rising so high (Clear Lake) that the boat is floating and the water is pushing it closer to the roof of the boat house. Trouble is the ice is only a couple feet outside the boat house and he can't get the boat out.

Gonna be a tense few more days until hopefully the water level drops a bit.

Drove all over yesterday. The only open launch I found was in rosedale, but balsam wass ice covered. Sturg, pigeon, cameron, simcoe, and most of scugog are all ice covered. East end of the bog is opening up, but main lake has ice still.

Hopefully next weekend.

S.