Walleye spawn on Scugog

gotfish

Before coming to work tonight I heard some thrashing in the water at my shoreline. Low and behold it was walleye coming in to spawn. The ice is only gone to about 30ft out from shore but enough for the walleye to get to the gravel shore. Hope the water levels stay high for these eggs to mature. If they lower the water levels too soon the gravel will be exposed. Great site to see on a lake that has declining walleye population.

Seeing as the water is at a record level on scugog, I have a bad feeling those eggs will get left stranded. I hope I'm wrong, but in my experience, years with really high water are the worste for recruitment in the kawartha's.

s.

I hope the walleye spawn now on rr. But I have a feeling they'll be spawning on or near season opener which would suck really bad. I'm gonna go down tonight and see if i can notice any activity yet. We have high water again, and have the past 3 years around this time, and it's made for really good spawning years. I hope this year will be the same. Hopefully they leaves the dam alone and keep the water level right where it is for a few months. And lol liverelease

Edited by manitoubass2