Gas prices

BassMan11

Timmins was at 1.43 a little over a week ago, there is now a police investigation into price fixing between the gas companies up here funny that as soon as the investigation was announced every gas company in town dropped their price to 1.39...

Girl i know claims $1.11 in Bancroft today? :dunno:

She's just trying to lure you up for a visit.

She's no looker but for $1.11 it might be worth the drive! :whistling:

(I looked at gasbuddy.com to confirm it was at the esso)

I still don't understand why diesel is more expensive than regular as it is less refined than the regular grade of gasoline.

Up here in Yellowknife diesel is actually quite a bit cheaper than regular unleaded. :dunno:

Because diesel is also known as home heating oil :) Diesel always goes up in the winter due to higher demand.... I think the most I paid this winter was around $1.49. It will be below regular gas prices in the next few weeks...

Tired of higher prices across the board......gas on the rise , 40 % increase approved on natural gas. It's gotta stop. We're only working to pay OUR bills. ARGHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Edited by aplumma
stop with the mock cussing please.

I Always try to make and effort to drive into Hiawatha or Curve Lake. There I can find it anywhere from 3-11 cents per litre cheaper. I know ultimately it may only save me a few bucks on a fill, but when I'm heading to Buckhorn I always stop by curve lake and get a fill for the boat I can get high test at the same price as regular gas anywhere else. There are lots of things that really " grind my gears" about how we as nation conduct business. I love my country unconditionally but there are areas where we as tax paying citizens are getting the shorter end of the stick and it really gets me going. We live in such a resource enriched country, it would be nice to see us become a little more self sustaining providing Canadians with affordable solutions to various things and then after that, have our surplus shipped out of country. Sadly I know this is a pipe dream and will never happen, but I just cant help feel like I'm getting ripped off on certain things.

Nothing changes....prices go up people complain....they drop a bit people quiet down...prices go up a little more people freak and complain...then people jump in their SUV`s and monster trucks and go flying down the hiway at 120 then jump in their boats with a 250 hanging off the back and fly across the lake doing 70....do I like the high prices no is there anything you can do about outside of selling the monster truck and the boat no!!!

Prices are not going to come down...this maybe my last year with the Jeep and the Stratos might be time for a 14 foot Jon and a 4 banger!!!

My ram 1500 is currently averaging 9.5l/100km's that is about 80 percent city non highway. I have no complaints for the size of the vehicle. Dodge has done a wonderful job imo. I also have about 300 pounds of junk in the back I should empty out one of these days as well. As for the prices though, yah it sucks when you drop a 100 clams and you don't even fill the tank. haha

My ram 1500 is currently averaging 9.5l/100km's that is about 80 percent city non highway. I have no complaints for the size of the vehicle. Dodge has done a wonderful job imo. I also have about 300 pounds of junk in the back I should empty out one of these days as well. As for the prices though, yah it sucks when you drop a 100 clams and you don't even fill the tank. haha

Does yours drop to 4 cyl?

No, it has the new 300hp v6 with the 8 speed transmission and 4x4 Quad Cab, 6 passenger, 6.5foot bed. Truck has been excellent, bought new almost exactly 1 year ago, now have about 32k on it. No complaints at all. My cousin has a 2013 with the hemi with MDS and it is good on the highway but still bad on gas in the city. If you are strictly highway then the V8 with MDS would be good, otherwise the v6 with 8 speed works excellent in the city.

Edited by jedimaster

No, it has the new 300hp v6 with the 8 speed transmission and 4x4 Quad Cab, 6 passenger, 6.5foot bed. Truck has been excellent, bought new almost exactly 1 year ago, now have about 32k on it. No complaints at all. My cousin has a 2013 with the hemi with MDS and it is good on the highway but still bad on gas in the city. If you are strictly highway then the V8 with MDS would be good, otherwise the v6 with 8 speed works excellent in the city.

That's amazing milage....

I bounce between 15-17 liters/100km with my 5.4L f150

On the highway I cruise about 110-115, What I do now is basically look for a speed given the wind and road conditions that keeps the truck in 8th gear on cruise control. If you get a bit heavy it won't get into 8th or will seek a lot. If I keep it down to 105 I will easily get about 7-8 l/100km's not towing.

I have a 20 foot travel trailer I tow with it and when I did it was fine on the highway, I seem to recall it getting about 15 l/100 from London to Toronto. My jeep used to get that empty. haha.

I sold my boat last year but with my 16 foot lund I didn't notice any real difference in towing fuel economy. When I towed a few peoples 20' bass boats I was down to about the 14-16 mark.

Of course hills, traffic and how heavy you are with this truck makes a big difference. if you are light on the gas, accelerate slow, coast when its safe you will get great mileage. If you rip around with you foot down its gonna eat the gas like any heavy 300hp vehicle would.