Best Fishing Raingear

mattaw

Hey everyone,

I'm in the market for some new raingear for this season. Previous have had Frogg Toggs, I like them (light and breathable) but they don't hold up as well as I would like in heavy downpours or in extened (2 hours plus) rain. I was wondering what you guys prefered in terms of rainwear for your fishing season. Who makes the best raingear for fishing?

I have the BPS Pro Qualifier. It has been great. I use it Spring to Fall.

Got it on sale at BPS, Was a good deal at 40% off. Check there flyer for sales.

As Mike said that suit he has in the classified is a $moking price and a great suit!

I used to cheap out on rainsuits....then I puchased a guide series (Goretex) jacket from Cabelas. The jacket works great but I still had cheap pants and was soaked the last time I fished in the rain. I finally bit the bullet and bought the matching bibs from Cabelas.

FWIW if you're an XL I have a set of Cabelas Gore Tex jacket and bibs in the classifieds section for a pretty smoking price.

I wish! I am only a large (tall and skinny). I saw them otherwise I would have been all over it!

This topic has popped up before. I always pay attention to it and look for recommendations. Previously, the consensus was it's either rain proof and not breathable, or breathable and not rain proof.

Are these 100 mph suits both?

This topic has popped up before. I always pay attention to it and look for recommendations. Previously, the consensus was it's either rain proof and not breathable, or breathable and not rain proof.

Yep.

They're no good for working though.

I got a set of Dakota bibs/jacket for work. Waterproof/breathable, and im real happy with it. So much so that I find myself wearing it more than any other rain gear. Breathes really good, keeps me dry, and tough.

The cabela's gear is certainly drier, but I wrecked a set pretty quick.

S.

I bought a 100MPH rainsuit after using every other cheaper version and for something that keeps you bone dry, it is pretty breathable. More so than anything else I had tried. For the price of it, it is hard to find a better gore-tex rainsuit. I was really looking at the Simms suit before I bought this but I could not justify double the price for something that was going to keep me just as dry.

Any of the Cabelas GoreTex lines. Buy one size larger than normal so you can layer under it as necessary. Do not skimp on top quality rain gear if you're outside more than just running from the house to the car. Good rain gear is worth any six St. Croix rods bundled together!