Start Spring with a Tank

Rich

...of a carp. Second fish of the season.. I got enough flack for posting the weight on FB from naysayers so I won't post it again. It was weighed on a digital scale and I'll say it was probably the 5th biggest I've ever caught. Canned corn, nothing fancy, not even a hair rig and I didn't even bring the baitrunner. It was a horeshoe in the arse fish for sure but I'll take it! Bring on spring!!!!

IMAG1001_zpsq9ylbsxb.jpg

Lmao, some hilarious comments guys! Thanks everyone.

Hey are the ponds down there opening up would like to go gill fishing. By the way that carp was disappointed there wasn't more tongue

Still probably a week to go for fully open water out here. That being said, there are open spots with gills that aren't too hard to find.

IMAG0993_zpsjsfnjsed.jpg

Alllllright, even i'll admit i probably wouldn't believe it just seeing the pics, but I had two witnesses there when she went on the scale... 38 lbs! -1 for the net I suppose. So 37.

And hey if anyone wants to debate it well you wouldn't be the first to open that can of worms. Lol

Beautiful, i think the ontario record is only 40 lbs so im guessing you have beat it before. Carp is one of those fish that definitely have a breakable record. I wouldnt debate it, that fish looks like a tank, i got a 20 lb fatty in my backyard last year that was about half that size so id say you are good :)

The Ontario carp record has been broken before and shattered by some...

But believe it or not most carp anglers are more protective of carp then muskies guys are with lunge... So the idea of killing a fish for a record... You'd be shunned from the angling community forever...

I cant imagine killing a record fish just for a record.

I really wish they would revise the criteria so records could be released. Although a lot of guys would release them anyways it would be nice if they got the recognition they deserve ( if they want it)

there are 40's out there and probably even 50's... I have seen some giants in Lake Ontario.

yes there is,

here's a picture of an already crappy picture, I'm 6'2", this carp from Hamilton Harbour bottomed out a 50 lbs spring scale

100_2997_zps379938cf.jpg

I think you would be ok posting the weight on here, if not, who really cares?