fish attractants do you use them

skinny

years ago 15=20 I was fishing with a buddy in long point in his small boat when a small rain started . We slipped into a small cut in the bull rushes and were fishing for pan fish. he pulled out this bottle about shape and size of a mickey. He said watch this and he put 2 drops in the water and the fish were going nuts after it. it smelt like black liquorish (anise) it was amazing I have never forgot that because of the effect. I curently do not use any but I'm thinking of trying some.

what do you use or have tried what works

I used to use (Just haven't found any recently)

A garlic Gel in a tube---it was great for injecting the hollow part of tubes---would stay on longer than liquids

I know some guys would break up "Alka Seltzer" and put em in tubes also---would bubble out to attract

I would also use snap on rattles on my tube jig heads---another attractor

I used to use (Just haven't found any recently)

A garlic Gel in a tube---it was great for injecting the hollow part of tubes---would stay on longer than liquids

I know some guys would break up "Alka Seltzer" and put em in tubes also---would bubble out to attract

I would also use snap on rattles on my tube jig heads---another attractor

All above are top secret Terrance,,,,,,,,,,,,

Well it was,,,,

:wallbash:

:rofl2:

I use the bio edge scents depending on what I'm fishing, I really like their frog stick for my topwater frogs. They seem to help a slow bite.

I also use Kick'n bass (And am going to try kick'n walleye this spring). That stuff is GREAT

I started out with gulp attractant and i dont think it helped or hurt. Then i switched to berkleys scents and i really like the bass one, which i find works better for walleye then anything else lol. Imo they work but i think a lot of that is because it masks the scent on your hands. I can tell ya one thing, if you don't smoke you'll catch more fish. I really believe fish are turned off by that crap

Back in the '90's I used Dr. Juice all the time. It came in the small (like 2oz?) bottle and you just put a drop on. I caught fish so I guess it didn't hurt.... Have not used scents in years though, maybe I should revisit it???

Burt :)

I used the ProCure shrimp scent on a few of the rivers in BC (with no bait ban). It kept the lures stinky for a long time and I did notice I was able to catch a few more fish compared to unscented lures. That ProCure stuff is very potent...A little goes a long way - don't get it on your hands like I did :(

I bought the GULP herring spray last season with the intension of sweetening up my ice fishing lures for lakers...When I bought it, I didn't think that it would solidify in the cold...trying to spray my lures in -10 degrees was an exercise in futility.LOL

I used the ProCure shrimp scent on a few of the rivers in BC (with no bait ban). It kept the lures stinky for a long time and I did notice I was able to catch a few more fish compared to unscented lures. That ProCure stuff is very potent...A little goes a long way - don't get it on your hands like I did :(

I bought the GULP herring spray last season with the intension of sweetening up my ice fishing lures for lakers...When I bought it, I didn't think that it would solidify in the cold...trying to spray my lures in -10 degrees was an exercise in futility.LOL

my berkley scent is no good at -10 as well. What you do get out looks like a frozen cat turd

Herring oil if you want something to slather on in the winter time Mike :)