need a new ultralight

2 tone z71

Don't go really noodly on the rod, perch on Erie are frequently in 40 feet of water , 1/2 oz. sinker and long hooksets are better with a stiffer action .

edit: the ultra lite I use on small creek trout is not the one I use on Erie perch.

Edited by dave524

Thanks for the suggestions fellas appreciate it ...love my St Croixs ..anyone use the Browning Rods from Bass pro..Dave so your saying just bring my walleye gear maybe ?

My Erie perch rod is an ancient 5 1/4 foot one piece, Fenwick HMG, very light but rated for 1/4 to 5/8oz wts. paired up with an ultralite reel and braid , I find it ideal.

Don't go really noodly on the rod, perch on Erie are frequently in 40 feet of water , 1/2 oz. sinker and long hooksets are better with a stiffer action .

edit: the ultra lite I use on small creek trout is not the one I use on Erie perch.

i agree i use my med light fast action on erie

st croix 7 ft light fast action panfish rod is my fav for shallower water, it will drop shot or throw small cranks for crappie. i don't use ul rods much because they don't really have much feel