New Curado G6 6.5:1

Lakeshore

Gentlemen, I picked up a new Curado G6 6.5:1 during the spring fishing show at Bass Pro. Got a good deal, $70 off reg price, otherwise out of my price range. I am a newbie to baitcasters, but I have a Citica on a Bass Pro rod for two years. I like the baitcaster feel and use.

Are there any recommendations for a general all purpose rod, preference goes to two piece for easy storage. I am also on a bit of a budget, so don't want to spend too much.

Live in St Catharines, so will probably go to Petes Tackle, or Grimsby Tackle. Also will consider a used rod if anyone has a good one for sale.

For a general purpose I would go 6'6" to 7' rod in a medium power. LeBaron has the Shimano Compre 6'6" Medium in a 2 piece for $110 or the Convergence 6'6" Med. for $80. Bring the reel to the store with you and try it on the rod to see which feels better. There are lots of options, the above two are just examples. Good luck!

6'6" fenwick HMG. Makes a great multipurpose rod. I've tossed everything from spinnerbaits to jerkbaits and all manner of soft plastics for pike and bass. Light enough and a limited lifetime warranty. For multi use I would stick with the 6'6", the 7 foot HMG is a bit heavier action. I also like the mojo bass line from St. Croix, they are technique specific, but that is a bunch of Bull, I just look for the specific action I want, and grab a rod despite what name they put on it. I have a couple of them, and they are quite nice! All around $100, with good warranty! These are not 2 piece though, I only own 1 2 piece casting rod, and it's a junker I keep for back lake trips! Sorry can't help there!

If you wait until the open house at Pete's you'll be able I grab a rod at a great price.

Or you can go to Grimsby tackle during their spring sale. 30% off of quantum rods 10% off all other rods

I would look at the st. croix triumph/Abu veritas (both 90-100 bucks)

A little more for a mojo bass

Shimano sellus 70 bucks and they are two piece

I would stick with something 6'6"-7' long MH with a X-fast tip

You can throw basically any lure you want with that rod.

MH gives you a bit more back bone for toothy critters and the X-fast tip adds some sensitivity to your rods to allow you to feel softer bites.

Fishing world had a good selection in the clearance bin when I bought a curado there. Ended up paying $35 for a nice saltwater bc rod 7 6 mh .

Agree with porkpie about the industry Bull that says you need a different rod for every lure in your box.