Towing with my Caravan

Rizzo

There are vehicles that are designed and made to tow and those which are simply able to tow. If you choice the latter, you take your chances. If you have to choose the latter, try to mitigate the risk by staying well under the towing capacity, no overdrive, use tranny coolers and proper hitch assemblies. Even take a second vehicle if possible and load it with passengers and supplies. The fuel in the second vehicle is still cheaper than a $1500 ++ tranny and an afternoon on the side of the highway.

Apluma, Sir where can I get gas for $4.00 a gallons here? I'm willing to pay $5.00 USD. $1.34 a Lt yesterday. Fill every container you have before showing your passport this year.

You're bang on, towing down the road in a fairly strait line is one thing, stopping for an emergency on baby brakes on a mini van is a totally different scenario.

OWWWCH I did not know it has gotten that far out of hand. I bought gas up North Last August and I thought I paid around $4.00. I drive a truck that holds 36 gallons and if I fill it at the border I can make it to Docus and then add 20 gallons of gas I can just make it back out of Canada. I usually bring 30 gallons of canned gas as well as 28gal of gas in the boat for the week. so a week of fuel is 132 gallons. I guess it is all prospective the big boat holds 100 gallons and gets 1.5 gallons a mile. Here is hoping that the price of gas comes down to the point where it is not a choice between fishing or other expenses.

Art

Hello. Towed with a 1999 Grand Caravan. Tranny cooler, oil cooler, helper springs springs, RedLine Water Wetter. Flush and fill your tranny every 80000km. http://www.jcwhitney.com/jcwhitney/textsearch_result.jcw?sku=Helper+Spring&shopid=100001&filterid=d420y2013g26j1&sku=Helper+Spring

Edited by zamboniwaterboy