Got my musky back from Advanced Taxidermy

Handlebarz

Well I got my musky back from Advanced Taxidermy yesterday and I must say I am again totally blown away by the work that Shawn and James along with the staff do over there. Here are some pics I took from the shop and after getting it home.

As usual the pictures never do these things justice and I just used my phone to take the pics.

1b86e6f9-83be-4f72-8378-be67e7c4148c_zps

photo1_zpsb1ceaa05.jpg

photo1_zps4c8a29e7.jpg

photo2_zpsbc07652c.jpg

photo_zps10f2e02b.jpg

fe4bdf97-e5b5-448c-9515-d9c79aa8854b_zps

218AC3E1-5D06-4543-B807-DF32B6DAF205_zps

Thanks guys

Yes Brian it's a replica I had them leave out lamprey marks and do a custom eye that is the great thing the big fish is still swimming and I have the memory in the living room.

I did ask James if they had any perch crappie bluegill around but they did not. I will one day get a cluster of baitfish to have on the wall in front of it.

Matt kick some musky azz with it.

It's around $1400 for this size fish. It depends what kind of fish and how big it is.

Wow, it looks awesome Mike!

In 2004, I was just getting into muskie fishing and caught my first good one - a 45". Being a newbie, I thought it was the fish of a lifetime and had a replica done at Advanced too... well I have beat 45" a number of times since then LOL but am still happy that I had it made, it looks exactly as good today as the day I took it home. I probably won't have another made until I push well into the 50" range...

Andrew had his 55" LOTW giant done there as well, with an amazing background of driftwood and rock... looks incredible. Their work is second to none, and anyone considering getting a mount should visit their studio/workshop first. I saw their work at a fishing show, and decided then and there that if I ever had a replica made, it would be by them.

206 - replicas often are far more expensive than having the actual fish stuffed, but there are a number of benefits to doing so. A replica will not shrink or discolour as natural oils etc. come out of the fish. If you were ever to damage it, they can repaint or repair it. And most importantly, the fish can be released alive to be caught again - all they need to make a replica is a picture(s) and measurements.

IMG_1888.jpg

Full.jpg

FrontSide.jpg

EyeDetail.jpg

Tail.jpg

FrontTop.jpg

Edited by Fisherpete