Well this SUCKS.. I was really hoping to do this one day - NF - Kind off..

NAW

Well you can always take the Budd car that runs from Sudbury to White River it stops at many Lodges on the way with excellent fishing I did a trip a few years back on the Budd car and really enjoyed it you cant beat the scenery so there you go keep it on the bucket list but if I were you I would book a trip rather sooner than later as the Budd car is operated by Via Rail and the Government can put a stop to it before you know it.

Cheers Mitch.....

Well you can always consider taking the Budd Car which runs from Sudbury to White River I did a trip to a lodge a few years ago and really enjoyed it you cant beat the scenery so there you go keep it on the bucket list but if I were you I would book a trip rather sooner than later as the Budd Car is operated by Via Rail and that might come to an end before you know it so do your self a favour and book a trip on the Budd Car you don't want that bucket list getting too long anyway.

Cheers Mitch....

• 2 weeks later...

This is devastating news! I honestly cannot believe they're doing this!!

There's numerous lodges that operate off the ACR and this will put them out of business. Beyond that hundreds upon hundreds flock north on the ACR every fall to see the colours in Agawa canyon.

This is a major blow to the tourist industry and frankly I can't see how the powers that be could let this happen!!

I feel sick, I'm tentatively supposed to be travelling north on that train in mid May!!

Total Bull! :angry:

yeah that sucks, bad news for sure, lots of campers, camps and canoe routes will be affected

I've always wanted to do it too, I like the unique, small town Ontario stuff like that, it seems they are disappearing

what's next? the train to Moosonee? the Budd car? the Chi Cheemaun?

never hurts if some of you southern guys with northern hearts right your own mpp's as well as ours....we've been fighting up here for years feeling as though those in the more populated areas don't hear us or care....let those making the decisions know.

yeah that sucks, bad news for sure, lots of campers, camps and canoe routes will be affected

I've always wanted to do it too, I like the unique, small town Ontario stuff like that, it seems they are disappearing

what's next? the train to Moosonee? the Budd car? the Chi Cheemaun?

You're probly right on that order....we nearly lost the Chi Cheemaun last year and the budd car has doubled rates the last couple years.

never hurts if some of you southern guys with northern hearts right your own mpp's as well as ours....we've been fighting up here for years feeling as though those in the more populated areas don't hear us or care....let those making the decisions know.

I agree! I guarantee you I'll be making my voice heard.

You may wish to voice your opinion to your Conservative MP---it's a Federal cutback on Via to help balance the budget

Not MPP as indicated

Just sayin

But the MPP still has a voice and hates being trashed that he is letting this happen. The provincial gov't can push the feds at times...moreso likely in an election year. Just saying. let both the MP and MPP hear you....it may be a federal decision but it affects the MPP's local delegates. Not so black and white...

....fill all their inboxes. It is a federal issue affecting those here provincially. We in the north are misrepresented by the weakest party....we often get run over. Not trying to start a political fight but when you have so few seats and most sit here....we can easily get runover. What I meant by you southern folks well represented with northern hearts...

Edited by ctdd2006

southern guys with northern hearts

I don't know if you came up with that phrase, I hope it's not sarcastic, but it struck me as a simple, well written, poetic few words

I'm going to remember that one

back on topic, yes we should (me included for sure) do less grumbling and take more action

No Chris it is a true statement. The difference between the habitats is amazing. While a bass is a bass the difference between fishing up North and fishing for them down here uses different talents and techniques. The crisp mornings warming up into blue bird skies and crystal clear water in August are a relief from our fishing adventures here in the South. Don't get me wrong I am very happy down here and year round I prefer having 4 seasons that are equal and as winter sets in my desire of going North lessens. I am by nature and upbringing a warm weather person.

Art

I don't know if you came up with that phrase, I hope it's not sarcastic, but it struck me as a simple, well written, poetic few words

back on topic, yes we should (me included for sure) do less grumbling and take more action

Not sarcastic at all. I did make it up...have a lot of Southern buds with northern hearts...not all of us get to live it...but a lot wish they could. I get it.

Not sarcastic at all. I did make it up...have a lot of Southern buds with northern hearts...not all of us get to live it...but a lot wish they could. I get it.

cool, check out my new avatar signature thing at the bottom, you're in good company with Aldo