i appreciate all the copper warnings lol. but no your not scaring me. i couldnt be happier to get out of this crazy big city and move to a place with affordable housing on the doorstep to cottage country. thanks again all for the posts. now its just time to figure out a boat and a truck lol.

So my wonderful girlfriend and I just had our offer excepted for the purchase of a new to us (AND OUR FIRST) home in Barrie. Home inspection is Mar 20th and if all goes well (and it should; house is only 12 years old and looks mint) then April 25th we will be living at the North end of Barrie close to Georgian mall. I had a couple questions as I know some of you currently reside there.

First, does anyone live in this neighborhood? It would be great to meet with some local OFC'ers! We love hockey, fishing, eating nice dinners, drinking, photography, bowling, and playing games (board, trivia, any games really), are in our late 20's and don't have any children yet.

We are moving up there (from Toronto) because we love the outdoors, especially fishing, so we plan to buy a boat, what size and hp would be recommended for Simcoe?

Are there any big box stores in the north for home improvements it seemed from a short search on google earth that they are mainly south.

Lastly I have been working in downtown Toronto but because of the move I decided to take a job in Markham as it is at least a little farther north, what should I expect time wise for the commute, my hours are a little different; start at 10am or 10:30, done by 7 or 8pm.

Thanks for any insight or advice you all can offer.

Best,

Pair of green horns!!!

Hey Greenhorns,

Welcome to Barrie neighbour, I use to live in Orillia for over 18 years but recently moved to Angus. I do a lot of competitive fishing and work at Legend Boats. My days off are usually Wednesday and I spend a lot of time on the water. If your bored and wanna hit the water. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can get on the water.

Cheers

• 2 months later...

Uhhh while the Barrie boys are here--I gotta ??? after my last journey thru your hood

Just north of Barrie I read a sign for a taxidermist----Is it really "Brain's"---or did "Brian" pay a signmaker without spellcheck?? :oops:

Uhhh while the Barrie boys are here--I gotta ??? after my last journey thru your hood

Just north of Barrie I read a sign for a taxidermist----Is it really "Brain's"---or did "Brian" pay a signmaker without spellcheck?? :oops:

:asshat::oops::D