Sunset Timelapse

Twocoda

I tried to do a Milky Way the other night but the temperature dropped so fast my camera actually froze with ice buildup on the lens ...it must have been from the temperature of the sensor in contrast to the rapid drop to -18

I tried to do a Milky Way the other night but the temperature dropped so fast my camera actually froze with ice buildup on the lens ...it must have been from the temperature of the sensor in contrast to the rapid drop to -18

If you are going to to try that shot again, leave the camera out for 30mins prior to shooting so it gets down to temp. Shouldn't have any issues as long as there is no condensation from going from warm > cold.

Also, you'll have a hard time finding the Milky Way this time of year, your best bet is from the end of June to August.

Edited by BillM

lol good point ...it might help if the Milky Way was available...i was just happy there was a clear sky and wanted to do a timplepse in the dark to track the stars and part moon...it started out as a beautiful night the camera was outside for at least an hour working perfectly until the drastic drop in temp...