Well its that time again...

Lunatic

Its that time of year where i harass as many people possible for cottage resort suggestions! i usually get great feed back here so here we go..

looking for a place with great fishing,isnt too busy or too expensive. this year id like to stick around the bancroft,muskoka,haliburton areas but i wont rule out further north but i would like to stay south of timmins and not much further than sudbury area .

pike and bass are my targets,musky would be nice as well.

its just going to be my wife and i and we only catch and release. any help would be awesome here or inbox.

thanks again!

WOW--admire your specificity here-have a renewed respect for your moniker lunatic-haha

Kinda narrows things down :good:

Like the birds singing this morning--it's a passage of spring for you and yours perhaps

Every success with your search here dude

Cheers

Paul

WOW--admire your specificity here-have a renewed respect for your moniker lunatic-haha

Kinda narrows things down :good:

Like the birds singing this morning--it's a passage of spring for you and yours perhaps

Every success with your search here dude

Cheers

Paul

lol i guess i should say within 5 or 6 hours of hamilton.

You "MIGHT" find that Eastern Ontario's Land O'Lakes region is less crowded and (I think) less expensive than the areas you named. And we have lots of bass and pike. Musky not so much, except for the St Lawrence and the Ottawa as far as I know, but I am not a Musky Maniac............

Doug

also looking at the temagami area,anyone have any experience in that area?

Missed this before. Yes, that area is gorgeous and fishing can be excellent. The quality of lodges varies a LOT and there are some pretty "divey" places that I would not to visit with my wife (and some, not any time). I can't help with current lodge info, sorry.

Doug

Edited by akaShag

That would depend on the lake, for sure, but I would say that there are a LOT more anglers than LOOK AT ME boaters on most of our lakes, even in the summer months. Please feel free to send a pm, and I will make some suggestions. Of course, it is worth remembering that free advice is generally worth what you pay for it.............. :rolleyes:

Doug

That would depend on the lake, for sure, but I would say that there are a LOT more anglers than LOOK AT ME boaters on most of our lakes, even in the summer months. Please feel free to send a pm, and I will make some suggestions. Of course, it is worth remembering that free advice is generally worth what you pay for it.............. :rolleyes:

Doug

You should check out the Trent Severn or Georgian Bay.. 95% pleasure craft, 5% fisherman, I don't think I've ever seen a lake with more fisherman then pleasure craft boaters (Unless you want to count the trout/whitie opener in the spring on Simcoe, lol)

We went to Elk Cabins last year; it's just down river of the town of Elk Lake and we've booked it again for this year. Didn't see a jet-ski, water skier or a pleasure boat all week. On the weekend there were a few other fishers out; but during the week, over the course of the day you'd maybe see another 2 or 3 guys out. Elk Lake being part of the Montreal river system, the water was always calm enough to be out in a 14 footer that the lodge provided.

Lots of bass, walleye and if you like pike fishing, Mountain lake (about 3 or 4 miles down river) will give you all the pike you'd like. We didn't hit any trophy pike but the average was 30+ inches with a mix of hammer handles.

The cottages at Elk Cabins were the usual older cabins; but they were clean and well stocked with cooking hardware and a BBQ on the deck.

No I don't work for them; it was just nice to find a fishing camp right on a main highway; that once your there and out on the water you wouldn't know that you're only a few miles down river of a town. Run out of supplies (brown pop) it's about a 20 minute round trip to restock.

Dan.

Back to BillM..............those sound like bodies of water I would avoid.............

Here in Eastern Ontario (Land O' Lakes), on the lakes I fish, the anglers far out-number the pleasure boaters and Jet-Ski types. Only one that I can think of off the top of my head where there are quite a few more pleasure craft is Desert Lake near Sydenham. But there the water-skiers, tubers, Jet-skis etc typically frolic out in the wide open deep parts of the lake, leaving most of the good fishing water alone. And most of them, in my experience, are on the water around mid-day when I am back on land.

I imagine there are lakes around here that have more of the pleasure craft on them than anglers, but I don't know those lakes personally.

Doug

It can get quite busy, but the fishing pressure is low, the fish counts are high and even while dealing with some pleasure craft boaters you can have some pretty killer days :)

Easy to escape the crowds on GBay as well, so many nooks and crannies it would take a lifetime to fish it all.

Edited by BillM

Friends own a place in the Land O' Lakes region east of Kaladar and it truly is an anglers/outdoor paradise. Was up for a week last summer and fished a different body of water each day and hit two one day all within a 30 minute drive from home base. Very little traffic on the water and many places to hide if you wanted to as well as beaches if you felt the need to settle down a spell and/or have a swim. The fishing ain't bad either.