Said goodbye to my little buddy last night

lew

One of the toughest things a man ever has to do is make the decision to end the life of a wonderful dog, but eventually it happens and sadly, this week was my turn.

Marvin was just an absolute joy to be around and I think his whole purpose in life was to make as many friends as he could. He loved to run in the woods, swim in the lake, ride in the boat and in general just really loved life and everybody he knew.

He lived a long and VERY happy life and was nearly 18 years old, but lost his hearing a couple years back and then his eyesight in the last year. He still got around OK but age was catching up to him and we made the sad decision. We have a great vet that looks after him and she came out to the house yesterday to do what all dog lovers dread.

He was my little buddy and he's sure gonna be missed.

Cnv0907.jpg

Cnv0095.jpg

Cnv1680.jpg

Edited by lew

Lew, sorry to hear about your little pal. Dogs become Such a big part of our lives and being a lot of joy and happiness. You enjoyed him for almost 18 years, that is a good long run for a dog. As I'm typing this, my shep Roxanna just came to say good morning. I feel your pain and it will heal. Then you can get yourself anogher little pal to keep you company. Take care.

I saw some of the life of Marvin and you and Diane gave Marvin the best one in the world. Take the time to heal and when the little voice calls and you decide it is time to give another buddy a golden life I am sure Marvin will be looking down and smiling on you.

Art

Oh wow, I'm so sorry Lew. Losing our pets is the worst thing, so sad. Ralphie is going to miss him at Lakair I can tell you that!

This may sound weird, but I had a dream about them playing up there last night. Maybe that was Marvin letting us now he's in doggy Lakair heaven? I hope so bud.

Give Diane a hug for me please and again, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Edited by Joey

Been there....done that a few times Lew. I know exactly how you feel. Just reading this has made my eyes damp. They touch our souls so deep that they become part of our fiber. My old girl is 13. I know Labs don't make it to 18, so I am prepareing for the eventuality. My sympathy Bud....

Sorry for your loss Lew. I can only imagine the pain my family will go through when our lab gets to that point.

Remember your morning walks and smile knowing that you gave Marvin everything a dog could want in life.

HH