IF4- Fly Fishing Film Festival-Anyone going?

Tim Mills

I was wondering about this. What happens to the videos from last year? Is there anywhere to view them online? The video where they were fly fishing sheefish looked really awesome.

Don't believe that one made the cut, it's just the winning films, I believe it's landed, small stream addiction, mending the line and arctic silver. If you want to see the others (I really want to see a deliberate life) you should be able to order them online.

And you guys are sure there will be tickets there?

As long as folks RSVP, there are seats. That's why I say PM me so you can get a seat reserved for a youth if you have an adult ticket. Right now, there are plenty of seats still available.

Trailers for the films can be viewed on the homepage of the IF4 website: http://flyfilmfest.com/IF4/

List of films:

Feature Films
“Unbroken” – Camille Egdorf
“Stream Fishing Addiction” – H20 Media
“Landed” – IF4 Original Film
“Mending the Line” – Uncage the Soul Productions
“Destination Spain – Director’s Cut” – VPMH
Short Films
“Swing North” – Burl Productions
“Arctic Silver” – Kokkaffe Media
“Change of Pace” – SOS Fly Fishing
& More!

Don't believe that one made the cut, it's just the winning films, I believe it's landed, small stream addiction, mending the line and arctic silver. If you want to see the others (I really want to see a deliberate life) you should be able to order them online.

Hey Chris, the one I am talking about is actually from last years festival. I just can't seem to find the full video anywhere. I also believe it won last year.

"Cast Alaska II - Sheebang" (Trailer) - Official Selection, IF4 2013 on Vimeo

Edited by BassMan11

They used to sell the dvds and blurays right off the IF4 website but there wasn't enough interest to carry on.

Most of the films are available either in DVD/Bluray format or for streaming/On Demand on the film makers websites. Just search the film maker and video name and google and you should be able to find them.

For anyone interested, the one we had in the festival in 2012 is free to view on youtube:

All the films were beautifully shot and featured gorgeous scenery and fish. I agree Mending was well done and a great story. I also liked Unbroken and thought it would have been interesting to hear more about the family and its business. Parts of the Eel River film and the Trout Bum film were good too.

The others seemed to be more about blatant product placement and preaching to the choir on conservation than any kind of storyline (trout dvd on the shelf in the background, close-ups of wading boot labels underwater, zooming in to fly reel and rod logo's). The start of Landed reminded me of Hooking Up on WFN.