Just Did A Radio Interview

solopaddler

Just got the new OOD magazine, great spread on steelhead.

As a guy that's walked, waded and floated tribs for the last 25years I enjoyed the article and look forward to hearing the interview . I know my buddies( all hardcore steelheaders) have likely read the articles and feel the same yet would be the first to crucify me for posting anything about steelhead online LOL

They enjoy the nostalgia of pre-internet.

Keep up the great work.

Just got the new OOD magazine, great spread on steelhead.

As a guy that's walked, waded and floated tribs for the last 25years I enjoyed the article and look forward to hearing the interview . I know my buddies( all hardcore steelheaders) have likely read the articles and feel the same yet would be the first to crucify me for posting anything about steelhead online LOL

They enjoy the nostalgia of pre-internet.

Keep up the great work.

Thanks Ryan, I didn't realize the March issue was out yet. I'm guessing subscribers get it earlier.

There was really nothing of any significance said during the interview, they were just looking to drum up some interest in the piece and get people to buy the mag LOL!

Thanks guys, it's really not that big a deal though.

It was just kind of funny, I have no problem talking, anyone who knows me knows that. But it was a lot different being on the radio...

I did a local radio chat with Gord Ellis a few years back Mike. I know what you mean.

I was talking to someone the other day about the Eddie North outposts, and I was mentioning some of your trips and said something to the effect of "...ya I know him..."

I had to stumble and correct myself and explain what I really meant by " I know him". hahaha.

Hope the interview sounds good; remember that radio adds ten pounds.

I was talking to someone the other day about the Eddie North outposts, and I was mentioning some of your trips and said something to the effect of "...ya I know him..."

I had to stumble and correct myself and explain what I really meant by " I know him". hahaha.

Hope the interview sounds good; remember that radio adds ten pounds.

Oddly enough I feel like I know you too and we've never met. :)

Thanks Ryan, I didn't realize the March issue was out yet. I'm guessing subscribers get it earlier.

There was really nothing of any significance said during the interview, they were just looking to drum up some interest in the piece and get people to buy the mag LOL!

went to chapters....they still had it(ood) in boxes....gonna have to come back later

Great article! And it brought back a PILE of good memories.

I think it was around 1984 or so that I met a guy who was whaling the steelhead at Thornbury when nobody else was catching a fish. I eventually asked him what he was using and he showed me these bitty little flies. Well, they were Michigan wigglers, tied by a guy called Jay Passmore if I recall correctly, and they were dynamite!

Same river, or maybe the Bighead, I took a mid-morning break for breakfast and a coffee and met local steelhead master Rick Simms (I think that is how he spelled his name.) Rick had caught a bunch of fresh run steelies that morning, when I know most of us had not connected with many fish. I asked him what he was using. "BUGS" he said. Like Michigan wigglers, I asked? Nope, BUGS! And he showed me a bunch of insects he had gathered up from the river bottom. He was fishing them singly on a #16 hook IIRC. I never did catch my own bait critters, but that image came back when I read that portion of the article.

So THANKS MIKE for some great memories!

Doug