Buying a Carp Pod in Canada..?

Rich

Anybody know where to get a relatively ($100 or less) cheap carp pod? I tried online but wow are they hard to find. Tried "carp kit international" found one for 40 bucks or so but they wouldn't accept my postal code as valid. Not sure why, BPS ships to it all the time. Anyway, any other online outlets or local southern ON vendors anyone knows of? Would like one before ice out (so y'know, June)

Carp kit is located in Milton Rich. There should be a number on the site. I've placed a couple phone orders with him in the past

The other one I use is New World Carp in Hamilton, they usually carry a different line of products

My pod is the pro logic 3 rod, I've been happy with it being a bit more stable and heavy to suit the longer 13 ft rods

Last time I looked bills bait and fishing world both had a couple pods lying about, can't remember price or brand

Seen a pretty cool rig last fall that used the basic camera tripods from XS Cargo for $15 each but you still need bars and rod rests

Hit post before I finished my thought

I built my first one out of 3/4 white PVC water pipe

With t's, elbows and 45's I made one to do 2 rods for maybe 40 bucks

Used picture on the web to come up with a basic plan. Probably would still work for me today if I hadn't left it on the bank down in Hamilton one day. Hope whoever found it is still using it

I make mine on the spot. Made with locally grown, biodegradable materials.

Two forked sticks. One taller than the other. Placed at precise intervals.

I'm working on a non-forked model for those times when I just can't find a forked one.

Hey I been using the sticks for a long time.. just like a bass fisherman wants a bigger bass boat I want fancier sticks, lol :P

I have a rod pod...

But 90% of the time bank sticks are the easiest/fastest way to go... And I don't me branches... Lol

Rod pods are needed if your set up on rock or something.,, or using multiple rods... In Ontario they aren't really needed very often...

The reason I want the pod is because the swim behind my house is all big concrete slabs. I can jam the bank sticks in between the cracks but it is not the same as having a pod. But I guess a homemade job would do just fine for that.

I have that same postal code problem from time to time, Rich. Dunno why.

But if you e-mail Carpkit, the fellow in Milton will e-mail you back and probably help you with your problem. A very good fellow to deal with. Or if he has the pod you're looking for in stock, you can probably arrange a time to pick it up at his place.

Very jealous that you have a swim behind your house. I have Main Street in Hamilton behind mine! lol

Edited by Mike Pike

Hey Rich...I use the bank stix I purchased from New World Carp in Hamilton (very sturdy and adjustable for height)...On the one in front one I screw on an alarm and on the back one I screwed on a holder...these also can be purchased from New World Carp...To get around fishing on concrete. I built a pod out of a four foot piece of 2"x 6" spruce and drilled a hole just big enough to hold the bank stix snugly...see blow:

Stephan (owner of New World Carp) also has a forum on www.carpfishingcanada.com ... Check out their classified section...guys are always buying and selling stuff

Edited by Beans