Navionics Plus - anybody try it?

G.mech

Just thinking about picking up the Navionics + chip but haven't been able to find too many reviews. It is kind of unique in that it allows you to download various charts for whatever lakes (or parts of lakes) you like up to the capacity of the card. In my case, it would save me buying 3 different cards so I was just wondering what is wrong with it....there has to be something wrong, it can't be this easy.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

http://www.navionics.com/en/navionics-plus

Just wanted to bump this up and see if anyone has tried it?

Also, I noticed on the mobile app there's an upgrade now available for nav+.... looks like it adds more detail to your maps... such as one foot contour lines on simcoe. But for the $15 upgrade want to be sure!

Anyone try it or try the upgrade on the mobile app?

I did :D waste of the $15...I was hopping lakes that weren't charted on the regular app will come with the Nav+ ...nothing different, got scamed :P

Pretty sure it says in description that its not available yet in Canada. It uses actual sonar readings from customers boats. When you go to update ur navionics map, it uploads ur data first and uses the info to create better detail... Thats what i understand anyhow. Lol

Pretty sure it says in description that its not available yet in Canada. It uses actual sonar readings from customers boats. When you go to update ur navionics map, it uploads ur data first and uses the info to create better detail... Thats what i understand anyhow. Lol

Great way to give away your information on your fav lakes for nothing. Great deal for Navionics! lol!

Navionics + came with one of the Humminbirds that I just picked up at the show... I haven't got it yet as my 859 is on back order.. It looks great and when talking to the Humminbird rep, he said it was the best card for Ontario.. I also have the Navionics Gold, Good deal from the USA, just got here in the mail..

Once I get the plus, I will update my maps and charts and let you know...

Tiz

I've had it for about a month now and love it. I have only uploaded lake Simcoe so far but it's detail is way better than my hotmaps chip. One foot increments. And I think the detail will become more accurate as people upload sounding recording this summer.

The navionics + is amazing. There are lakes that are not on it (probably the same ones as before) but the majority of lakes in Ontario now have 1 ft contours. Well worth the $100 for the chip or $15 for the phone upgrade (or both). If your lake is not on it, you can record sonar logs of your lake, upload them, and then in a few days you will have a contour map that you can download. At least that is the functionality that comes with the chip.

If your lake is not on it, you can record sonar logs of your lake, upload them, and then in a few days you will have a contour map that you can download. At least that is the functionality that comes with the chip.

.....and anyone else using the program.

Yeah, but go to a new lake you've never been that someone has charted, and bobs your uncle.

I hear what your saying though.

Its all too high tech for me anyways, so I won't be using it.

I have a hot maps chip, and that's more than enough.

S.

won't work for me cause I only have it on my phone, no sonar :P

Yeah, but go to a new lake you've never been that someone has charted, and bobs your uncle.

I hear what your saying though.

Its all too high tech for me anyways, so I won't be using it.

I have a hot maps chip, and that's more than enough.

S.

I guess you can pick and choose with lakes you'll record on and update, so if you want to keep things quiet you can.

I'll be getting the LakeMaster Autocharts for my HB. I can create new maps from my own data right on the computer and there's no need to upload it anywhere or share it.