Spy Bait?

Been seeing a lot of buzz on Spy Baiting. Anyone here that may have try'd these spy baits that could give me any advise as to where to start purchasing and fishing one of these lures.

I think it will be something new I will try this season.

thanks

And what did you think of them?

Yes that's what I'm getting at, Works in Japan and appears Americans have embraced it but looking for any info from Canadian users?

Time of year, water conditions, sizes or colors... heck any thing?

Although used mostly for largies in the US and Japan they work really well for smallies. Gbay and simcoe should be killer. Tried on NRX852 but a little too stiff, still have to find a new combo for it. I have a bunch and will get more at the Show this weekend.

I've got a Dobyns 704CB glass that will be getting some spybait duty this summer. Should work well on the smaller baits.

Dang. I popped a hole in a dying flutter years ago and continued to use it this way.. I coulda been rich!

according to you user name your are "Rich"

Well I may pick one of these up and give it a try, not going outta my way to find a special rod just yet but we'll see if these can be productive in Kawarthas

That's a far cry from using chunks of hotdog under a float for bass.

:rofl2:

(yes I remembered)

Mike, you have got it all wrong. I was running a carolina rigged hotdog. There was never any float involved.

Duo realis spin bait 80s are real nice. They have great detail and for such a small bait, they can be casted a good distance with 6-8 pound fluoro. Do they work in southern Ontario. maybe. The one thing you will find when you get one (you should probably get at least 2 as I only have 3 left) is that they are tiny. The hooks are razor sharp but tiny too. I wish they made a spin bait 100.

I was actually using the spy bait technique early last summer with another lure I had before I got my spin baits. These other baits are quite rare but they work awesome and are way bigger than the duo spin bait and they way 3/4 ounces and cast a million miles.

Another bait that can be used as a spy bait is the lucky craft wander. I had 3 of them and I believe I sold them all..