Old Fly Rod?

thatleetboy

My buddy inherited this old rod, possibly a fly rod, from his grandfather...

We are just curious as to what it might be. It seems like it might be a fly rod, perhaps a spey rod. It has two tips, one of which looks like it was repaired at some point. It was stored in a cloth bag.

He stands about 6' 4", so you can see the length... and he's about sixty, so his grandfather is long gone, I'm afraid. His grandfather was originally from England, but was a butcher in Fergus, Ontario... being a prime fishing area, it's possible someone down on their luck may have traded this to him for some reason, but who knows?

Anyhow, just wondered if this would be a good place to ask!

Cheers

OLD_ROD1.JPG

OLD_ROD2.JPG

OLD_ROD3.JPG

OLD_ROD4.JPG

OLD_ROD5.JPG

OLD_ROD6.JPG

OLD_ROD7.JPG

OLD_ROD8.JPG

Cheers

definitely not a spey stick..agreed on the dipping stick idea?

or perhaps a pin rod for coarse fish from England?

whatever it is, it is worth more with the patina, don't clean it...there's a few vintage forums, I've always had an answer fairly quickly after posting a pic

Nice rod!!! :P ,my grandfather left me a 5 piece rod over 30 years ago.Figured not knowing what I know now,I left it and took all the tackle and flies,as well as a couple rods. :wallbash: .Wish I was smarter than,but had no clue what it was.He did two fly in trips a year for years from what I remember.Sorta looked a bit rough like yours(compliment)but what would a 20 year old want with that.I would be a :asshat: .