Tent recommendations

sneak_e_pete

I'm a big fan of Eureka tents.

I have one of their 4 season tents but their 3 season tents are quality also. ;)

Eureka's customer service is awesome also. When my tent was 5 or 6 years old my main hoop pole broke.

I called Eureka and they said no problem, mail it to us and we'll take care of it.

It only cost me postage to them and it was fixed like new. :clapping:

For "Glamping". We have used the large tent sold at Costco. Granted I can not recall going through a storm in it yet. (4 years) We set up a BYOBed and its pretty close to a hotel room. Jr. ends up on the floor with the dog. It would have room for a couple little fellas on the floor as well as the bed. I don't recall the price but remember it did not break the bank by anymeans. Plus there return poicy is a plus if you don't like it. Costco actually has some decent camping gear on occasion. For our backpacking canoe trips we use a McKinley and a eureka tent. Lighter weight and have definetly gone through a few storms so I can attest to there waterproofness.

Edited by mcdougy

I spent the better part of late-summer and autumn looking at and researching tents. I ended-up getting a Mountainsmith Morrison 3 (but will be used by only 2-persons). Not the least-expensive in the class, but had glowing reviews, great standard feature set and really couldn't get much easier set-up and tear-down. For a group of four, Mountainsmith has a model called the Conifer 5+. Most tents that the manufacturer says are for "three" are really perfect for two, and so on. I did give a good, long look at Eureka tents and have nothing but good things to say about what I found when doing my research...just didn't go that route. Both Eureka and Mountainsmith are considered 'lightweight' or 'backpacking' tents, but they're sturdy. If money isn't an object, you can't get any better than Hilleberg.

Here's a link to MS site. Good luck.

www.mountainsmith.com

So I have a bunch of tents ranging from a 2 man up to a chalet style. For various types of camping. Every year the wife and I go camping for a week, its not a drive in site, I gotta hump our gear in about 500 yds I think the tent weighs maybe 25 pounds but I takes us less than 25 min to set up and its so spacious that I can put a double queen air mattress at one end and have approx. 2 1/2 feet on either side and then at least another 5-6 feet at the end. Tons of room. It comes with an indoor LED light and fan which are a nice little touch. We always tarp off our tent off, but we were in some torrential down pours this summer, to the point of having 6 inches of standing water around it and it held up just fine. Had to order it over the phone through BPS cause they don't carry them in Canada, but its high ceilings mean I never have to bend over when walking around in the tent it must have close to a 7 ft ceiling. I have a couple Eurekas they are great but this is a great family cabin tent. Oh the tent is called the coleman prairie breeze

Edited by mattybculp