Grand Canyon as the crow flies

blaque

Had a chance to shoot that flight back in 2008 it was awesome

I agree, i did it last year for the first time but the whole trip this year was unimpeded by cloud cover so i got to see some incredible landscape. I coulda swore i was flying over Mars a time or two :)

www.flickr.com/photos/stromesphotos/sets/72157615776285133/

Here are my pics

Very cool, your sno-caps turned out way better than mine.......you appear to be further north than I traveled as well based on the size of the mountain range.

What amazed me the most, was i was the only one on both of my trips out there that was gawking out the window the entire flight taking hundreds of pics. Everyone else was plucking away at their i-pads or had their face buried in a book or a pillow

If you want a humbling experience take a trip to see them from ground level. I saw them as a teen and the memories still are strong on the sights,sounds and feel of the awesome scenery that nature has made.

Art

I can only imagine, im humbled just seeing the little baby gorges here in NY (letchworth, zoar valley, watkins glen). I could only imagine the feeling one would get standing in the middle of this behemoth

I was down with two brothers to see it in August of 04 and it is quite the sight. Heading up through Flagstaff with forest fires burning was a little unnerving! Arrived a little late in the day but still wanted to check out all the viewpoints. We checked every look out and made it out to the end of the south rim right at sunset! If you do go down I would recommend going to see the slot canyons. You can walk through them and seeing the designs created in the red stone by flood waters is neat. Also spending some time in Sedona should be on the list as well!

Its amazing to see the different landscapes as you travel up throught AZ. You have the desert and cactus close the Scottsdale then the forests through flagstaff and then the canyons of Sedona. 3 completely different scenes, all can be experienced in the same day!