Harris Lake

cvezina2

Looking at property on Harris Lake (access from HWY 124 - northeast of Parry Sound) but I can't see to find any comprehensive information about the fishing there, if any. Anyone in the know?

Edited by cvez

the remax parry sound site (as do other real estate sites) has some info on local lakes but unfortunatley some of it may be unreliable. One of these sites said our lake has "fat head" in it. What the heck is fat head??? Perhaps they caught me snorkelling one time. Knowing that area, most of the lakes up that way are Pike, and both types of bass. Some have walleye. Good luck with your search.

I've heard there's big Pike in there...It has access via a portage/atv trail to Miner Lake which is really just a wide spot on the Magnetewan River. I've done well for Smallies on Miner. Pickerel and Pike in there as well. If you like Canoeing its heaven.

Hey PigeonTroller - that's the northern Harris Lake you are referring to north of Point Au Baril. I have actually spent all my 32 years up there. You are right about the Magnetawan though, it is heaven on earth. We fished at the cottage last weekend, and would have had more luck jigging in our water bottles.

Harris Lake off the 124 is a fine lake according to friends who have rented there. During their week long stay, they didn't catch much. But that could be the relative to many factors ... for all I know they were casting their rubber boots out to lure the fish. Lake Manitouabing is nearby, and that's a BIG fish lake.

Good Luck!

• 13 years later...
  • 2 months later...