Vexilar Info

Photoz

Dumb question time . . . I bought a Vexilar FL-20 back in 2009, only got to use it about 6 times, then mothballed it for the last 5 years, only taking it out around Thanksgiving, throwing it on the charger, the little green light comes on, showing 'full charge?' I know the RED light should come on if it isn't fully charged, and I thought it only came on green when fully charged? Could this battery have held a full charge FOR 5 YEARS?? I figured the life of one of these 9 volt batteries would be 3 or 4 years max . . . . but 5 YEARS . . . . . is this possible?

Dumb question time . . . I bought a Vexilar FL-20 back in 2009, only got to use it about 6 times, then mothballed it for the last 5 years, only taking it out around Thanksgiving, throwing it on the charger, the little green light comes on, showing 'full charge?' I know the RED light should come on if it isn't fully charged, and I thought it only came on green when fully charged? Could this battery have held a full charge FOR 5 YEARS?? I figured the life of one of these 9 volt batteries would be 3 or 4 years max . . . . but 5 YEARS . . . . . is this possible?

You can test the battery with a light bulb from a car or simply with the vexilar

Should likely be able to use the one of those trouble lights with the alligotor clips on the vexilar battery to see if it has any life. I am thinking yours is pooched. When I bought mine the shop must have used it as a demo and the battery was dead because they didn't keep it charged up. I brought it back and they gave me a new battery. I always bring it in after a day on ice let it warm up overnight then charge it back to full the next day. Even in the summer I will charge it a couple of times to keep it charged. It's 5years old and I ice fish for 7hrs yesterday and it only went down to 75% charge. Sorry hope it isn't, but remember is you get a new one to keep it charged after every use.

A rather simple solution . . . . HOOK THE THING UP PROPERLY. I had forgot I have to turn it on to charge it!! Oh yeah . . . . . . surprise, surprise, the battery WAS toast! Does anyone know if you can get a small van on the ice at Gilford, or Roches Point?

P. S.

Misfish . . . . because of weather conditions, it could be a while before I get up there, and I don't wish to have you running all over hell's half acre, trying to find me. I do appreciate the offer, and I thank you very much.