Upgrade

Rodbender

Thanks I'm off to Florida Friday for a week 1 day will be spent at a nature reserve in Lakeland Florida(Circle B Bar Ranch) and my parents are telling me where they live there are sandhill cranes and rosette spoonbills walking around so I should bring back my 32 and 3 16 GB cards full of pics of birds gators hoping to get a bobcat and the otters at Circle B

BTW I got the lens at the best price possible $0 brand new

Edited by Rodbender

I've been racking my brain back and forth between the Canon 100-400m vs the Sigma 150-500mm. One day I'll make a decision. Fantastic shots btw.

Hang off buying one till the new Tamron 150-600 comes out and gets tested could be a winner I was going to wait till it came out but the Sigma fell into my lap

I have the same lens ...i find it soft at the 500mm range but very good at the 400 - 450 range...its been a learning curve with the lens but i find mine is best at F8 for action shots ,,,,but for the money ...its very good...Congrates on the new lens and nice shots

No issues with autofocus at f8 in the higher ranges? (say 300-500?)

Not on my Nikon...not sure how Canon fairs out with the lens though ...i could use 51 focus points but only use 21 or 9 when tracking birds..it seems to hold decent now that i have the other settings on the camera kinda sorted out...im still experimenting for better shots ...

Not on my Nikon...not sure how Canon fairs out with the lens though ...i could use 51 focus points but only use 21 or 9 when tracking birds..it seems to hold decent now that i have the other settings on the camera kinda sorted out...im still experimenting for better shots ...

what camera do you have I'm upgrading to the D7100 this year

Talked to a buddy who makes a living with his camera. I asked him the same question, (Sigma vs Canon).. He let me know that the Sigma is extremely slow to focus during action shots... Stills, not a problem... I think I'll be getting the Canon.

Talked to a buddy who makes a living with his camera. I asked him the same question, (Sigma vs Canon).. He let me know that the Sigma is extremely slow to focus during action shots... Stills, not a problem... I think I'll be getting the Canon.

Heres an action shot I took fast as can be, too fast I forgot to zoom out

106_zps601000b7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...