Massive ontairo laker

Freshtrax

One of the guys said it was caught on the lake he lived on. After doing a bit of searching, he lives on Temagami. But I wouldn't be surprised if that beast was from the Atikokan area... lots and lots of lake trout water around there.

thats why i said it looks like the meathole. Its not atikokan but close. If it truly was nw ontario, id say between upper and lower manitou

That beast would be on my wall. My first laker over 20# is gettin a skin mount. My grandfather had a 22lb'r outa simcoe on the wall and ever since I can remember I've wanted one.

If I get one over 20lb I'll probably get one of those fake casts made up. Just personal preference.

Edited by jeremy84

Yah it does.. but I'm pretty sure I know where that big rock is..

Here's Terry's video from Feb 2010.. I measured my boots after returning to my hut, at 13.5" vs the 12 I thought they were, putting this fish at 47 to 48 in and the estimate calculator had it at 43 lbs.

that was a great fish

Edited by Terry

In my mind that's like having a fake Rolex....not the same. I know they look good n all. Personal preference.

im kinda with ya on that, but im weird. I would no doubt mount a 25-30lb laker, but no way would i mount a 12lb walleye. In my weird mind im not sure if i woud ever mount a walleye? Maybe, just maybe a 15+ Edited by manitoubass2

if anyone is looking for big lakers, in May - Lake Ontario there are many lakers caught over 20lbs.....usually approaching 30lbs....

cracking 30lbs is tough, but certainly attainable.

also, there are many of them, so you don't have to feel bad about keeping one for the wall.

if anyone is looking for big lakers, in May - Lake Ontario there are many lakers caught over 20lbs.....usually approaching 30lbs....

cracking 30lbs is tough, but certainly attainable.

also, there are many of them, so you don't have to feel bad about keeping one for the wall.

Sure is a good place for big lakers in ON.

Caught many over 20# there back in the day.

When they used to stock them in the Ganny harbour in the 80's there was a great run in October with lots of fish over 24#'s to be caught.

Biggest Ontario laker I ever caught was in the low to mid 30's off Pt. Credit during the summer after an offshore wind caused a good 45* upwelling just off shore.

im kinda with ya on that, but im weird. I would no doubt mount a 25-30lb laker, but no way would i mount a 12lb walleye. In my weird mind im not sure if i woud ever mount a walleye? Maybe, just maybe a 15+

The thought crossed my mind with this one...she came out of simcoe while trolling for lakers in the summer, not sure on the weight but she was big... IMG_00000158_zps1dc7702c.jpg

Wow that gets the blood pumping just watching the video, had a giant on last year and lost it but did manage to see it, so the quest for 20+ lb laker through the ice continues.

If that was Temagami, I wonder when that was caught , laker season doesn't open till Feb 15th.

102 of my Facebook friends have shared the video , it drives me nuts , sure , BIG yes ,a very nice Laker , 30lbs or so , maybe even 35 ... but far from a near record , possibly an ice line class record if that even exists , the actual record for a Laker is over 100lbs , Canada's largest freshwater gamefish .

Sorry for ranting eh .

Edited by Randy from Sturgeon