What make of auger is this?

nancur373

This is my auger. Bought it at a garage sale about 5 years ago for 50 cents believe it or not. Put a new set of blades on back then and it still cuts like a dream. (don't get out much :wacko:) The plastic wing nut has split and I would like to try and find a replacement. There are no markings on it.

Thanks

newf

AUGER_zpsa9fb1f8a.jpg

Swede-bore doesn't have an offset handle, the Fin-bore does (like in the pic above). Although the colour is the same as the Swede-bore (Light blue) compared to the dark blue of the Fin-Bore, lol.

I'm guessing this is an older Fin-bore model.

Edited by BillM

Swede-bore doesn't have an offset handle, the Fin-bore does (like in the pic above). Although the colour is the same as the Swede-bore (Light blue) compared to the dark blue of the Fin-Bore, lol.

I'm guessing this is an older Fin-bore model.

i guess mine are fin bore then. They do have the offset handle. D'uh, haha thanks bill

Here's a few pictures of mine from this morning showing the markings.

It was purchased in the late 80's and still has the original blades.

Though if anyone knows where I can find new ones (blades) I'd appreciate it.

xjts.jpg

ikl1.jpg

62gc.jpg

Spiel. It does look identical. Although mine doesn't have the markings on it, probably worn off. I bought blades for it when I was a noob to ice fishing. It's actually got 8" blades on it and cuts like a dream. I believe I bought them at CT. Don't quote me on that though... ;) Here is a pic of the blades.

20140112_225123_zpshgrucbeb.jpg

Spiel. It does look identical. Although mine doesn't have the markings on it, probably worn off. I bought blades for it when I was a noob to ice fishing. It's actually got 8" blades on it and cuts like a dream. I believe I bought them at CT. Don't quote me on that though... ;) Here is a pic of the blades.

Thanks PN. I know of a few blade models that will fit unfortunately none are 7" which is of course what I desire.

8" will work (6" won't). Perhaps buying the 8" and machining them down will be my only option. :dunno:

The search continues.

Swede-bore doesn't have an offset handle, the Fin-bore does (like in the pic above).

Maybe I misunderstood your comment here, Bill. When I read it I thought you meant it applied to all Swede-bores, but I guess you just meant the Normark ones. C. Tire sells augers marked as Swede-bore but they have offset handles.