Fishing Club Needs Fishing Equipment Donations

krawler

I've started an outdoors club at the highschool I teach at. We plan to do some environmental work such as tree planting and garbage clean up in the spring around local rivers. What we would also like to do is take our students ice fishing on simcoe and pond fishing in the spring. Most if our students have never been north of the 401. I think this would be a great experience for all of them and may introduce them to a new hobby or activity that they wouldn't normally get to experience.

Funding is as always an issue. We fundraise at school to raise money to offset the cost of the trip but in the end what we need the most is equipment. If any of the board members have any used fishing equipment, no matter the age or condition we would gladly take it off your hands and be more than willing to personally pick it up. Our school is located in toronto. I live in toronto but frequent simcoe and GBay on weekends.

Thank you in advance!

Kris

Hi Kris,

I'm pretty sure I have some stuff I can donate to you. Let me take a look and put some stuff in a box for you. I work in Mississauga and also have an office in Scarborough. We can make arrangements on pick up.

Nick

Edited by quickme

Since we are going ice fishing we need some gear. We went last year with a smaller group of kids and the outfitter gave us a few rods that were too heavy for perch an a bunch of tip ups that left us with more tangles than we could handle. As for other equipment anything that could be used for pond fishing. I can pick stuff up around the GTA and central ontario but if you live outside that area, you can send to pir school. I will pm people with an address.

Thanks again. We are hoping to keep this equipment for years to come