Whole day at the iceshack.

limeyangler

Hi all,

Spent the whole day with Jack at the ice shack….not even a bite, but we had a blast.

Mum noticed we were there on her way home from work and payed a visit.

Jack sent her packing right away to get pizza as he wanted to stay longer so suggested we had supper there too.

Awesome to have the shack out again, missed last year and thought i was going to miss out again.

It was windy and snowy, but a welcome relief to see temperatures in the low -20C range after what seems like weeks of daytime -30C!

I know all about the cold. :(

December's average temp here was -31C.

We had 7 days of -40 or colder temps and had several windchill warnings.

They don't issue a windchill warning until the chill hits -50C. :w00t:

We have another tonight. They are expecting windchills of -53C over night.

It would be nice if it could warm up into the -20's for a bit. ;)

Can't wait for the 3rd week of February and my 6 week trip to Florida!!!! :good: :good:

How are you gonna catch a fish when your feeding the pup pizza mate?

I'm spoken for but have a pal here that's young, single, hunts, fishes and has a boat, does the wife have any sisters? I can send a picture of the boat.

That's the best family photo I've seen in years, fantastic.

This is truly awesome.

Thanks man, it was great, the time just flew by!

I know all about the cold. :(

December's average temp here was -31C.

We had 7 days of -40 or colder temps and had several windchill warnings.

They don't issue a windchill warning until the chill hits -50C. :w00t:

We have another tonight. They are expecting windchills of -53C over night.

It would be nice if it could warm up into the -20's for a bit. ;)

Can't wait for the 3rd week of February and my 6 week trip to Florida!!!! :good: :good:

Yup, being grateful for -20C is normal…lol….boy how my "normal" has changed. We head to antigua for a week next week…..quite the swing in temperatures for sure….Enjoy Florida you lucky bar steward.

How are you gonna catch a fish when your feeding the pup pizza mate?

I'm spoken for but have a pal here that's young, single, hunts, fishes and has a boat, does the wife have any sisters? I can send a picture of the boat.

That's the best family photo I've seen in years, fantastic.

Thank you.

she does have a sister but she is evil, selfish and calorifically challenged…..lol….she lives in St. Thomas too.

This is how life should be lived!

I love your post's but this is over the top lol, you have a great family, including your dog haha

Thanks, it really is nice having the shack out, quite the community on the ice road…great fun.

Very enjoyable videos, Simon. Thank you for sharing. Please tell me that you're backing those up.

Yup…have a 3TB WD USB hardrive which runs my iMac's Time Machine (auto backup) and a 4TB WD USB for double up of all my media. Most of my videos are on Youtube and so i can always download from there, a lot of my pictures are in photobucket, so i can get some back from there too if the worset happened.

I am in the process of making DVDs for my mum's 80th birthday that will include a lot of our favourite Jack videos from birth till now, so will have a hard copy in existence elsewhere than our house and send some copes to other relatives.

After reading Joey's post decided just today to buy some CD-Rs to copy entire photo library for another hard copy….cant be too safe.

We would be absolutely devastated to lose our Jack pictures and videos. Fishing videos?…whatever….can always go again and most are on Youtube, but Jack will only be young once.