Cabelas Barrie Progress

misfish

look for christmas 2014.

the builder does great work, just not often completed on time.

Funny you say that. The useless Target store started after this one did,and is farther ahead.

Quality takes time. I can wait,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I think.LOL

Steve,I no believe.LOL

well, they have to see if they can "up" sail.

bps is a joke among most, but sail is quite a good shop.

I drive down from Barrie to Sail,cuz of their pricing.

If I see that Cabelas is over pricing them.I,ll be sure to let them know..

BUT,on the other hand,maybe they will price match,and save me the travel.

Sure it's not the typical retail building but the design hasn't changed from when they first projected a late spring opening. This isn't the first one Cabelas has built or even their first cold weather construction site. Maybe someone was too aggressive when they first announced the opening but there shouldn't be too many surprises.

Edited by kickingfrog

For some reason i dont think they are going to have American prices. If anything it will be very similar to one in Manitoba (price wise)

Target didnt bring their prices from the south of the border, i doubt these guys will.
I hope i am wrong though

For some reason i dont think they are going to have American prices. If anything it will be very similar to one in Manitoba (price wise)

Target didnt bring their prices from the south of the border, i doubt these guys will.

I hope i am wrong though

very true, target is more expensive than walmart in most categories, I walked through once and haven't been in again

I'm shocked that they didn't invite you in Brian for an OFC official photo shoot update! I so need to place a call and or email to someone... J/K!

Its funny you posted this as my dad was asking me over the weekend when they are going to start building this location. I said they broke ground last I knew. So TKS B!

I'm shocked that they didn't invite you in Brian for an OFC official photo shoot update! I so need to place a call and or email to someone... J/K!

Im going to ask,once they start the inside. N/K

Edited by Misfish

the building could be slow because of all the timber and beam construction they have inside.

yes, all the locations i've been to in the states are fairly elaborate

i'll definately check them out in barrie. if anyone has not been to one, it'll be worth your time and make bps look like walmart.

I'm waiting for the Cheektowaga, NY location. Closer and cheaper.

Yeap, same here. as it stands, I buy quite a bit of stuff from Cabelas, but I have a USA mailing address, so I get great prices and cheap or sometimes free shipping to my USA mailbox.

However, I am sure I will make use of the Barrie Cabela's too, I do a fair bit of fishing in the Almaguin Highlands area and Cabela's Barrie will be my new pitstop on the way through.

I am pretty excited for the opening of both Cabela's in Cheetowaga, NY and Barrie, Ont. and the Bass Pro Shop opening in Niagara-On-The-Lake, Ontario.

It will be a great convenience for anyone needing a last minute item or two or for those without easy access to the US. I will no doubt stop into the new BPS in Niagara for things not worth crossing the border for but no one should expect the pricing or selection to be anything close to their US counterparts. The Cabelas I've been to Stateside are in Pennsylvania and Michigan. Those stores are between 225,000 and 250,000 sqft and are amazing to check out. The new Barrie location will be 70,000sqft and while that's better than nothing, it's half the size of BPS in Vaughn.