costa rica charter?

mcdougy

Taking the family to Costa Rica in March 2014, We will be on the pacific side with a rented car for 4 of the days. We will be staying in Manuel Antonio, which is quite close to Quepos , which is where there appears to be many charters out of.

I was wondering if anyone had experienced a charter in Costa Rica and if they would recommend a particular provider. Offshore or even inshore for that matter!

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to all

Matt

yeah, I saw that add. I tried to send a message and it wouldn't accept messages. I was hoping someone had first hand experience with someone or that person would respond to this post. I went musky fishing on LSC with this boards recommendations for a guide this summer and couldn't have been happier with the results. (good guy/great equipment) Bob Devine. and was hoping to luck out again. Also we already have a place to stay booked. Tulemar it looks pretty sweet aand don't want to change as there is no refund for the pre paid room. That's how they do it down in CR. Pay up front. Hence another reason I am looking for this boards reccomendations!

Matt

• 2 months later...

Finally booked something. Decided since I was bringing my two young sons out with me, that we would do a 1/2 day inshore fishing for rooster fish and such. After reading a bunch thought I would give www.pezrey.com a try. Reviews on TA and his pics look good. Equipment looks like it lands some nice size fish once in a while, and should be suffice. If anyone knows of a lure or tackle that I must bring let me know. This is more than likely a once in a lifetime chance for my little boys.

I would recommend that if the 1/2 day is winding down and you aren't catching any roosters, tuna, etc. ask the captain to take you closer to shore to catch something/anything for a bit of fun on lighter tackle. I wish I would have done that when I went.

Yes, thats definetly part of the plan. I really want these kids to reel in something!! Dad wants a rooster :worthy: hahah, but pulling in something else will be great also. We are all looking forward to this entire trip. Im looking forward to getting out on some soft water. It appears to be still getting harder around here.

Edited by mcdougy