Are you southerners prepared?

Bernie

Just channel hopping and on the weather network there is a freezing rain warning for a lot of southern Ontario.
Looks like there is a good chance of a fair amount of freezing rain that could bring down power lines.
Hope you all fare out well through it.
Best be prepared.

Thanx for the heads up Bernie. I've been watching the weather forecasts for 2 days. Here in Niagara - lottsa rain, mild temps but no freezing rain yet. Fridge is full, lottsa bottled water, 2 propane heaters, BBQ, candles & firewood are ready!! Coleman stove & lantern are close by as well.

Snowed here all day yesterday and now the freezing rain is coming down on top of it. Looks like I'm in the center of the freezing rain warning for the next 2 days so it could get interesting.

Oh well, they topped up my 1500 litre propane tank yesterday so if the power goes out for an extended period, my generator should be good for a long time.

Hope everyone stays safe.

Walking can get tricky along with driving...

My grandaughter slipped on some ice at work (day-care) yesterday morning and did a real number on her leg (3 breaks) and ankle (dislocated)

They should be operating on her this morning...

I pray she doesn't end up with a permanent limp...

Living on a corner house is hard on your salt dollars.

Went thru 2 10kg bags this morning.

I don't know if your area does this but here in Oshawa I get all the FREE salted sand that I want,at the city maintenance yard.People were lined up 10 deep filling their buckets..

vance