Virginia Beach

lovetofish

These guys doing the video reports of ice conditions are going to wreck the lake. I've been fishing port bolster side for many, many years, and there was never a problem finding a spot to park. Last year, this guy was posting videos from this side, and I couldn't even find a parking spot. Not to mention all the garbage, and crap lying around.

Local residents aren't going to put up with the crowds he's drawing over there for very long, then we'll all be screwed for a place to go.

Why can't people just keep they're yaps shut?? I guess they like the pat on the back?? I don't get it.

S.

Edited by Sinker

These guys doing the video reports of ice conditions are going to wreck the lake. I've been fishing port bolster side for many, many years, and there was never a problem finding a spot to park. Last year, this guy was posting videos from this side, and I couldn't even find a parking spot. Not to mention all the garbage, and crap lying around.

Local residents aren't going to put up with the crowds he's drawing over there for very long, then we'll all be screwed for a place to go.

Why can't people just keep they're yaps shut?? I guess they like the pat on the back?? I don't get it.

S.

I agree. The last 2-3 winters Port Bolster has seen more winter fishing pressure then the previous 10 winters combined IMHO. I get there early well before sun up and still have several people beat me there. That never used to happen.

John is a good guy and I believe he is only trying to be helpful and promote fishing. However as you mentioned the hordes are never respectful and eventually if the locals get fed up we will all lose more access points.

Came back.

Started at 7 am, saw only one guy on ice. More people came later. Ice is good 4-5 inches and it's black. Fishing was quite slow. We started at 9 fow and moved numerous times. Caught about a dozen of decent size perch with biggest ones 13 and 12 inches. Left around 1 pm. It's a lot of snow on ice so moving around it's quite difficult. Saw some people on atv's. There's a road from shore to island.

I think Johns reports are fine. He is not saying where they r biting. He is a good guy. One of the main reasons that shore has been busy is due to poor ice conditions, at least two years ago anyways, that kept people off whitey and laker spots. And the perching is good along that shore too.

there are still ice fishermen out there that don`t know about Simcoe... :dunno:

I guess Mr.Wyhte does not subscribe to the it`s my lake you stay away theory!!! :)

Whats wrong with people actually getting off their couch and checking for themselves? If you dont think these internet reports, and now videos, add to the crowds, im sorry, but your dead wrong!

S.

I'm not trying to be rude but isn't lake simcoe the most ice fished lake in north America?i';m sure these videos don't help but anyone who has seen the weather forecast knows its been making ice. Tell the people you see litter or keep more than their limits that they are in the wrong instead of complaining on the internet .p,.s. I've only fished simcoe maybe10 times when I was a kid but plan to ice fish it in the future just my 2 cents

Just so you know I posted the viseo because I found it interesting and thought other people might like it too. My hut goes out at Virginia Beach, so if I was ruining anything for anyone then i was ruining it for myself too! The crowds at Simcoe will always be growing and it will always piss off local residence. I'm sure this viseo isn't going to wreck the perch population or magically put garbage all over the ice. It is and always has been the responsibility of the fisherman to clean up after themselves. If i have drawn to big of a crowd to Virginia Beach, then I am sorry. Guess I get excited right before the ice fishing season starts

I like Simcoe but I know if I go there its going to be busy. That being said, there are lots of good lakes that are just a little further of a drive away from there. I know that if I want peace and quiet its worth it to make a bit more of a trip.

I will agree with the junk and the mess people make. There is no excuse for that and it really bothers me when I see all that nonsense on the launch or ice.