Canada Post to stop all door to door serveces in cities

tb4me

How can you care about anything outdoors and like the current Federal Govenment??? :dunno:

Hmmm....let me think for a moment....I think about the alternative....Liberal comrade Trudeau..parish the thought....NDP Mulcair.... :wallbash: I think I will stick with the :devil: I know!!!

The only way I would ever vote for a Liberal especially one named Trudeau is if he 100% guaranteed me that he would legalize weed!!!

I have never seen anything like that at my mailbox. Come to think over it, I don't recall ever seeing a single piece of garbage at any of the three or four mailboxes I've used over the years. I didn't know a city in Canada exists that has residents that are the kind of inconsiderate slobs that would generate that kind of mess, and it's surprising (and disheartening) to learn otherwise.

Sarcasm.

In 1986 our new build neighborhood had a central mailbox in Stoney Creek. This isn't something new. I had a bar where the posties from downtown Hamilton came in at noon at the end of their shift. There is 173.33 hours in an employment month, 2080 annually, do the math, the hourly rate is very high. If a postie makes 40K a year ( I have no idea the wage) and works 4 hours a day that's $38.46 an hour, not bad.

A new member here Garzy something is someone obviously very close to the posties. He has some good points, some I wasn't aware of. But he said Harper is trying to get in part time uneducated individuals with "low morals". What in hells name does education have to do with morals. That's how someone that has something good to say looses me. Keep to the facts man, or lady.

There was a time that good workers used horses to deliver block ice to your home. And the guy that came down the street in a cart, in my lifetime, sharpening knives, or a steelworker that could put 30 years in hell in a plant working every holiday and weekend and come out with a pension, maybe, they survived somehow.

Time to accept the future and the future is now.

Edited by Old Ironmaker

I agree Ironmaker. Things have to change and adjust to the times.

Like I said, there's a lot of money to made in this industry, and if we can all "own" a Crown Corp. as taxpayers lets make it profitable...very profitable! Lets go shipper boys/gals, make us some money and a good return on our investment!! And I hope you get a good pension in return.

It's not about Harper or Trudeau or whatever who cares... as long as we as Canadians don't sell low and buy high on anything.

living in a community of 5000 people , we don't have home delivery, we don't have the super boxes, we have to travel to the local post office for our mail, in my case, that's 15 km one way, so I don't feel sorry for those who are losing their home delivery.

years ago I asked my MP why can't he get Canada post to implement home delivery in our town, he laughed and said, " what makes you think they would spend thousands of dollars to service you"

so urban folks, suck it up, quit the gripping and make the trip to the superbox and be thankful you don't have to go to the post office itself

hell I have a union and the prov gov made a law so they could rape me, bill 115

Kids and their education should come first, not what teachers believe they're entitled to and teachers are against Bill 115 because it puts the kids before themselves. Teachers refusing to participate in extracurricular activities to show their disapproval of Bill 115 is all the proof you need that teachers put themselves before children and goes against the "it's all about the kids" filth they've been spewing for years.

Sad, really.

well I am not a teacher but, extracurricular activities is just that. It is teachers giving up their free time/their unpaid free time so students can participate in sports and what not..seems somehow self-righteous to me to hear people say how dare a teacher stop giving up their free time to do something after school with my kid ( so I can drink or work late or sit home and watch tv) hell we need them as our kids free baby sitters......

who's kids come first

Edited by Terry