Float suit - manufacture date

Steel28

Assuming that the suit is properly stored before purchase, than I would think nothing to worry about.

Be sure to ensure that all the floation in the suit, is in the right place. After time, the floatation in the suit will move, making it far less than ideal.

HH

Nothing to worry about.

sounds good Bill!

Assuming that the suit is properly stored before purchase, than I would think nothing to worry about.

Be sure to ensure that all the floation in the suit, is in the right place. After time, the floatation in the suit will move, making it far less than ideal.

HH

thanks HH. Well how do we know..these are big box stores. Most likely suites were in storage during off season.

I gave away my Mustang to a friend last season. I have a choice between Mustang Atlantic class made in 2011 vs Integrity HX made in 2013. Atlantic will be about $80 less vs HX.

Also picking up Integrity HX float bibs for mid season and Catalyst jacket.

I just called Mustang and asked about the suit lifetimes as I have an older Integrity jacket and didn't know how old it was. They said the rule is 8-10 years from date of manufacture. The jacket I have is from 2001........ :(

I don't have a warm pool to test it in now either...

Burt :)

thanks HH. Well how do we know..these are big box stores. Most likely suites were in storage during off season.

Make sure that the foam hasn't moved by going over the entire thing, ensuring there is foam where it is supposed to be. If there is an "extra thick" part anywhere, likely one of the foam pieces moved.

I've heard that the foam may lose some of it's bouyancy characteristics over time, but I can't say for sure.

HH

Picked up HH Alpha and at the end, felt very comfortable and really like suspender system/pockets For $330 if was a good deal vs Mustang Atlantic and Integrity HX lines.

I might look at Mustangs over the weekend again but most likely will keep HH Alpha.

I thought of getting two piece suit but decide to stick with one.

Edited by Steel28