Otter Huts

wormdunker

I'm looking to purchase an Otter ice hut. I am leaning toward the Otter Lodge. It's 30 square feet of fishing space, has dual layer 1200 denier material with insulation. Looks like a top notch hut. Anybody own one who could share their views on this particular hut? I've searched the net without much luck. Where can I purchase one? I live near St. Catharines. Thanx for your input

wormdunker

I had a 2 man version, it worked so well that 12footspringbok adopted it and has been mercilessly beating it on his freqent outings. it's still holding up well. I bought another single size, very good quality. They are probably top of the line when it comes to portables. I bought mine through Riverside Outdoors in Thunder Bay. He ships via Greyhound to your closest stop. Took 2 days and about $70 for the shipping.

I have the otter 650 with thermal top, great hut, the sled and frame seem tougher than anything else on the market, but if you have the cash get the full thermal....I tried to upgrade just the tent this year, but they can't keep up with production

I wanted the bench seat in mine, happy with it but not perfect, it could be a bit wider and more cushion to make it better

The Otter lodge is big! A couple of my buddies have them and I've fished in them quite a bit. Very nice flip over hut! Are you towing it with a sled or quad? It would be a chore to pull by hand, especially with the insulated fabric, which adds weight.

I have the Otter Cabin, which is one size down (still good for 2 guys) and I didn't get the insulated fabric either (Just insulated top) and I stay warm up here in NW Ontario with just a single buddy heater going.

The Otter sleighs are the best there is. Be sure to get the runner kit.

My first hut was a Clam and I'll never own another one of those after going to Otter.

I have no affiliation with Otter, this is just my honest opinion.

Thanx for your replies. I went on a "field trip" today to NOT find any Otters at all at 4 different locations including Sail in Burlington. Thanx for mentioning Peter's tackle, I'll call tomorrow. Yes I do have an ATV to haul it. Thanx to OFC, I am now better informed.

The Otter lodge is big! A couple of my buddies have them and I've fished in them quite a bit. Very nice flip over hut! Are you towing it with a sled or quad? It would be a chore to pull by hand, especially with the insulated fabric, which adds weight.

I have the Otter Cabin, which is one size down (still good for 2 guys) and I didn't get the insulated fabric either (Just insulated top) and I stay warm up here in NW Ontario with just a single buddy heater going.

The Otter sleighs are the best there is. Be sure to get the runner kit.

My first hut was a Clam and I'll never own another one of those after going to Otter.

I have no affiliation with Otter, this is just my honest opinion.

Yup runner kit for sure, also want the cover & tow bar

I was looking at a couple units the other day and they seem phenomenal. Gagnons in Oshawa carries the brand.

Thanx for the heads up on Gagnons in Oshawa. It's a 2 hour drive for me - probably go on another "field trip" on Monday.