Survival suits

l2p

Hey gang,

Was just wondering if anyone knew of any stores in the downtown Toronto area that carry floatation/survival suits?
Done some research and have found a couple stores but was just wondering if there are more options available.

Thanks!

Yep, you've got to tighten all the straps so when the water gets in there it stays for the most part and trades off some body heat to warm it up. Buys you some time, but not a lot.. the main thing is it keeps you above water, hopefully long enough for you to get out or for someone to pull you out vs sinking to the depths when your body freezes up.

Survival suits are expensive, high quality, insulated dry suits.

We use drysuits when we raced jetskies in the winter. Wipeouts at 50 MPH in a drysuit and not a drop of water got in. The secret was to open the zipper and then go into the water up to almost the zipper forcing out the air and then zipping it up. These suits are not insulated so you put on what ever you needed to be warm.

Art

I realize it says floatation suits on the link I posted. I also realize the difference, I was just reading the description on some of the floatation suits and for the Mustang floatation suit it says

"it works or foul or cold weather and use closed-cell foam to offer floatation and hypothermia protection in the event of water immersion"

Don't confuse a floater suit.. with a survival suit.. two VERY different things!

To 99.99% of fishermen a survival suit and floater suit are the same thing and "everyone" knows what you're talking about even though they're totally different suits.

Kinda like calling a walleye a pickerel. You're using the name of a fish that looks nothing like a walleye, but people still know what you're talking about ;)